Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody been to Dale?

Wondering how the lake looks and water temp as well as bite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heading down early Thursday morning. Will report when I return. Mild heatwave rolling thru Celina. 55• Thursday 60• Friday May boost water temp just a slight bit in some shallower areas. To think that when I launched 3 weeks ago it was wind chill -7!

Post Thanks / Like
    A buddy and another buddy were down this last week. Fri, Sat, Sun. It got better every day, from what I understand.

Sun, they stayed all day and managed to catch 17 or so. Mostly Jig, but a few Fly. Also a few on the swimbait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    A buddy and another buddy were down this last week. Fri, Sat, Sun. It got better every day, from what I understand.

Sun, they stayed all day and managed to catch 17 or so. Mostly Jig, but a few Fly. Also a few on the swimbait.
    Thanks Geo. Are you heading back down anytime soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Am heading down Thursday /Friday. Went down two Thursdays ago and water temp was 44-45. Real slow day on the FNF. Will start with that this time, but also have other rods ready. Two weeks ago when we had a slow day, talked to two gentlemen getting off water at same time had caught 17 on minnows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardcard View Post
    Am heading down Thursday /Friday. Went down two Thursdays ago and water temp was 44-45. Real slow day on the FNF. Will start with that this time, but also have other rods ready. Two weeks ago when we had a slow day, talked to two gentlemen getting off water at same time had caught 17 on minnows.
    Where are you putting in? I’ll be out of Holly Creek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Staying at the lodge, so will be putting at the state ramp. Will probably be up your way tomorrow. You still have the center console? (I think that was you) I will be in a Javelin with Honda on the back. You staying at Johns cabin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardcard View Post
    Staying at the lodge, so will be putting at the state ramp. Will probably be up your way tomorrow. You still have the center console? (I think that was you) I will be in a Javelin with Honda on the back. You staying at Johns cabin?
    Yes I’m in the whaler. I’m staying in his cabin #4 which is down the road a bit. Good luck out there and be safe.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ON3 3Y3D WILLI3 View Post
    Thanks Geo. Are you heading back down anytime soon?
    I was hoping to go this weekend, 26, 27, 28, but I have to work on some critical projects at work........

My next trip is scheduled in late Feb, then I start my KY Lake trips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went Thursday and Friday. Had 3 Thursday and 6 Friday. Had a 3-2, 3-6, 4-8smallmouth, and a 3-14 largemouth. Rest of smallmouth were 2-3 pounds. All of the fly. Tried everything else, never had a hit. Water ranged from 41.5-44.5.
    Likes GeoFisher, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Dale Thursday for about 3 hours and had 1 nice fish on the fly. High temps high bluebird skies and no wind. Friday the fishing picked up a bit and I managed 5 very nice fish in shady areas with chunk rock near bluffs. Saturday I fished for about 2 1/2 hours and caught 5 fish on the fnf. It was nice to see the bright sun go away which I believe made the fish come a bit more shallow. The lake is as clear as gin so the previous two days were kind of rough for me with the fnf bite. I did not catch a single fish from any of my ‘go to’ spots which made things very entertaining. I love the more exploratory trips to Dale and I had a chance to go to areas I had not been to before because the weather was so nice for January. I too saw water temps from 39-44•. I think a little rain and stain would really turn it on. Until 2019...
    Likes Bardcard liked this post