Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone used an I bobber?

Mostly fishing out of the kayak these days and was looking at adding a fish finder but don't really want the hassle and weight of adding a power source. As I was looking through my options I came across the I-bobber. It is a transducer, that looks like a bobber, that you just throw out and then it transmits data back to your phone via bluetooth. Obviously it's nothing like a nice finder but it will give you depth, contour, water temp and fish signals. Has anyone ever used this, or something similar? Seen some youtube and google reviews but was hoping for some real world feedback from you guys.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueJake View Post
    Mostly fishing out of the kayak these days and was looking at adding a fish finder but don't really want the hassle and weight of adding a power source. As I was looking through my options I came across the I-bobber. It is a transducer, that looks like a bobber, that you just throw out and then it transmits data back to your phone via bluetooth. Obviously it's nothing like a nice finder but it will give you depth, contour, water temp and fish signals. Has anyone ever used this, or something similar? Seen some youtube and google reviews but was hoping for some real world feedback from you guys.

Thanks
    My brother tried to use one out of his Kayak. Waste of time and energy. You will end up ruining your phone and be out more money in the long run.

Get a 5" graph and a deer feeder battery and you're all set. You can watch your jig when fishing vertical and monitor everything in real time at a glance with a proper set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input, already made the jump though. Decided on the Deeper Plus pro. Much better graph and sonar than the i bobber. Haven't tried it out of the kayak yet but have used it on a couple local ponds. Seems to work pretty well. Even has a built in GPS in the unit so it can graph out lake / pond bottoms. Not too worried about the phone, waterproofing isn't a problem as I have my phone on the kayak already anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueJake View Post
    Thanks for the input, already made the jump though. Decided on the Deeper Plus pro. Much better graph and sonar than the i bobber. Haven't tried it out of the kayak yet but have used it on a couple local ponds. Seems to work pretty well. Even has a built in GPS in the unit so it can graph out lake / pond bottoms. Not too worried about the phone, waterproofing isn't a problem as I have my phone on the kayak already anyway.
    Yep, the deeper is the one my bro used. Good luck!