Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing License questions

This may be a stupid question, But I saw something posted a few weeks ago about a price increase in the cost of license, and if you bought before the end of February you got the old price.
    I cannot find anything online to back this up.
    Any truth to this? Looking at the KDFWR page it looks like cost are the same as last year.

Thanks,

Bardcard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardcard View Post
    This may be a stupid question, But I saw something posted a few weeks ago about a price increase in the cost of license, and if you bought before the end of February you got the old price.
    I cannot find anything online to back this up.
    Any truth to this? Looking at the KDFWR page it looks like cost are the same as last year.

Thanks,

Bardcard
    I was told by some friends that they had gone out and purchased a senior license ... and were charged $5.00

I would assume the KDFWR page hasn't been updated to reflect the price increase.

I called Backwaters in Lexington to see if they had the 2018 licenses, yet, and was told they were no longer involved in selling them. Then I went to Walmart and couldn't find anyone to wait on me, so I left. I will try again, before the end of the month ... because I'm going to have to have a license, so if I can get one @ $5 for purchasing early ... great !! And if not, and I have to pay the $18, then so be it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another strange thing, last fall stopped on the way to a local lake, stopped to buy my wife her license.
    Was told no more local sales, license only sold by phone now. Called and bought the license by phone.
    Tonight the KDFWR website still lists the local stores where licenses can be bought. Not sure which is correct, but found it strange you could only buy by phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walmart still has a sign up about purchasing licenses. Backwaters said they quit handling them because the KDFWR "changed the way they do them" (no further explanation was given).
    Likes Bardcard liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

fishing hunting license

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I was told by some friends that they had gone out and purchased a senior license ... and were charged $5.00

I would assume the KDFWR page hasn't been updated to reflect the price increase.

I called Backwaters in Lexington to see if they had the 2018 licenses, yet, and was told they were no longer involved in selling them. Then I went to Walmart and couldn't find anyone to wait on me, so I left. I will try again, before the end of the month ... because I'm going to have to have a license, so if I can get one @ $5 for purchasing early ... great !! And if not, and I have to pay the $18, then so be it.
    easiest way to buy license is on line if you have access to a computer and printer if no printer you get an ID code that you use in place of a printed license you need a picture ID if you do it this way as for price a senior license[65yrs ]is still $5
    Likes BigBlueJake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bought my licenses at Walmart Wednesday

The big change is they print it out on cheap, regular computer paper. Try keeping that in your pocket on a damp, foggy morning, kill a deer, then write the Telecheck stuff on it. Ink will run, paper dissolve. Oh and it says not to make photocopy. Why not? It will be on the same paper!

Senior everything cost $5 and fishing only for my wife cost $20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by llg View Post
    The big change is they print it out on cheap, regular computer paper. Try keeping that in your pocket on a damp, foggy morning, kill a deer, then write the Telecheck stuff on it. Ink will run, paper dissolve. Oh and it says not to make photocopy. Why not? It will be on the same paper!

Senior everything cost $5 and fishing only for my wife cost $20.
    I always take a iPhone pic of my online
    hunt/ fish Ky lic. Save it if I’m checked
    I’ll have it with me

Post Thanks / Like

I complained to KDFWL

They gave me their view. Basically they are looking at how they have progressed since 1998 and how easily you can get your license.

I replied that they are interested in selling licenses and I am interested in using them. I am 65 yrs old. I have bought combo licenses since I was 16. I have bought 13 deer tags and one trout stamp. Never used a deer tag or caught trout either. Got my first $5 license this year.

I asked if making a photo would work in the field if officer checked me. I will forward answer, but I don't think it will. Just too convenient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just purchase before Mar 1st. It's that easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second those that recommend buying from home computer. First it is easy to do. Second if you need another copy at some point you can easily print another one. But maybe most important for me is I don't have to give out any personal information like social security info to some clerk at some store somewhere.

Also it's pretty easy to get a small waterproof bag of some sort to keep things in so I have never had a problem with a paper license getting ruined. Even if you don't want to spend money on a waterproof bag I bet a heavy duty sandwich bag would work just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I second those that recommend buying from home computer. First it is easy to do. Second if you need another copy at some point you can easily print another one. But maybe most important for me is I don't have to give out any personal information like social security info to some clerk at some store somewhere.

Also it's pretty easy to get a small waterproof bag of some sort to keep things in so I have never had a problem with a paper license getting ruined. Even if you don't want to spend money on a waterproof bag I bet a heavy duty sandwich bag would work just fine.
    I print a couple copies I keep one in a waterproof plastic float on my boat key chain on hidden in my truck and one in my wallet in a cellophane wrapper so I've always have one availing I don't hunt anymore so that's not a problem but you should always be able to find a water proof spot in your hunting gear

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by monarc View Post
    I print a couple copies I keep one in a waterproof plastic float on my boat key chain on hidden in my truck and one in my wallet in a cellophane wrapper so I've always have one availing I don't hunt anymore so that's not a problem but you should always be able to find a water proof spot in your hunting gear
    LOL, yeah I usually print off about three myself.