Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to print three. Now I create a PDF and keep a copy on me. Worst case, I can show the PDF on my phone or re-print.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You cannot use a cell photo for your license at this time.

In the future, maybe but not yet. Straight from Vera King at KDFW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless if it is allowed as your license proof I still keep a pic of mine on my phone yearly in case I forget mine in the truck or something. Happened one time that way and after shoeing the pic and saying I could run to the ramp to get the original if needed, he checked it on the dispatch and said have a good day. It at least lets them know you have one and everyone forgets from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I second those that recommend buying from home computer. First it is easy to do. Second if you need another copy at some point you can easily print another one. But maybe most important for me is I don't have to give out any personal information like social security info to some clerk at some store somewhere.

Also it's pretty easy to get a small waterproof bag of some sort to keep things in so I have never had a problem with a paper license getting ruined. Even if you don't want to spend money on a waterproof bag I bet a heavy duty sandwich bag would work just fine.
    I purchased Map paper years ago for my Canada trips..........less than 1 buck a page, when you buy a lot. I then get all my licenses....Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana............Save them as PNG image, and print them all on a single piece of Map Paper. Fold it up and put in my boat.

I also save a copy of the orginal PDF files and the PNG image that has them combined.

It works really great...........

And the Map Paper is waterproof..........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Regardless if it is allowed as your license proof I still keep a pic of mine on my phone yearly in case I forget mine in the truck or something. Happened one time that way and after shoeing the pic and saying I could run to the ramp to get the original if needed, he checked it on the dispatch and said have a good day. It at least lets them know you have one and everyone forgets from time to time.
    I can't remember a time I didn't have my printed version on me. I keep it in my wallet and my wallet is always right there. Having said that, I could certainly see luvtohunt's scenario playing out more times than not whether they officially accept a phone version or not. If I did lose my copy in my wallet, I could simply reprint it from the PDF. But, really, when you are printing them yourself why would they not go ahead and refer to the version on your phone? The bar code can be scanned just as easily.

But to be clear, I do not advocate just having it on your phone unless they officially state this is accepted proof. For me, it's a backup in case of extenuating circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

It's like having that sticker on your boat.

You still have to have a copy of your tax receipt or you can be written up. You can't get either the sticker or tax receipt with paying your taxes, but you still have to have both.

When taking my son to Hunters Safety, they made it quite clear that you could not have "community dove piles" in the field. If three people were hunting and there was one pile with 20 doves, somebody was getting a ticket. I should have asked why you can't have "community" dove piles, but three fishermen can use the same live well or basket. Three rabbit hunters can have one pile.

Common sense is just not that common.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by llg View Post
    In the future, maybe but not yet. Straight from Vera King at KDFW.
    They're crazy. You buy a license on line and receive a PDF. So if you get checked and they won't accept the PDF on your phone, print it on paper from your phone to a portable 12V printer, and hand them the piece of paper.