Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: confused

Post Thanks / Like

scopes and long range shooting

A properly sighted and patterned 30 cal. rifle is very capable of accuracy with out a scope at 200 yds. I imagine here in the eastern US there aren't that many places that demand 300 yd shots.Manyof the hunters that I knew had either deer stands or used previous sighting to find hunting areas.BUT as with everything else, the sport has become crowded.I gave up water fowl hunting when the 10 gauge shot gun began showing up more and more often.Most of "new " hunters think that range is as far as you can see.More crippled water fowl, more downed where they couldn't be reaced, it wasn't worth the hassle anymore. Then came purchased hunting rights, a group would put up a fee and pay land owners to limited use of their property.So small game hunting became harder for the common hunter.Public land were OK for us guys who had week days off, but even that became a drawing system.By the time I had enough land of my own, I had already lost interest in hunting, and instead starting to make places for them to feed and be observed.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    A properly sighted and patterned 30 cal. rifle is very capable of accuracy with out a scope at 200 yds. I imagine here in the eastern US there aren't that many places that demand 300 yd shots.Manyof the hunters that I knew had either deer stands or used previous sighting to find hunting areas.BUT as with everything else, the sport has become crowded.I gave up water fowl hunting when the 10 gauge shot gun began showing up more and more often.Most of "new " hunters think that range is as far as you can see.More crippled water fowl, more downed where they couldn't be reaced, it wasn't worth the hassle anymore. Then came purchased hunting rights, a group would put up a fee and pay land owners to limited use of their property.So small game hunting became harder for the common hunter.Public land were OK for us guys who had week days off, but even that became a drawing system.By the time I had enough land of my own, I had already lost interest in hunting, and instead starting to make places for them to feed and be observed.

I must say you said it well.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you geo

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Amendments are very very, VERY HARD to overturn.........or change.

Ain't happening........

( 2/3 of house and
    2/3 of the senate)

or 2/3 of the states in a convention of states.

And then 3/4 of the states legislative bodies must ratify the amendment.

NOPE, not EVER.

"
    Article Five of the United States Constitution describes the process whereby the Constitution, the nation's frame of government, may be altered. Altering the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or amendments and subsequent ratification. Amendments may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a convention of states called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures.[1] To become part of the Constitution, an amendment must be ratified by either—as determined by Congress—the legislatures of three-quarters of the states or state ratifying conventions in three-quarters of the states.[2] The vote of each state (to either ratify or reject a proposed amendment) carries equal weight, regardless of a state's population or length of time in the Union.
    "
    The problem is that the **** anti gun idiots want to use and have used the Supreme Court to change the meaning of the 2nd amendment instead of using Article 5 and that really pisses me off.

Post Thanks / Like
    i see all these huggy pictures of the sheriff and several anti-gun politicians.
    are these photo shopped?
    and i hear ALL the deputies were told to NOT go in the school. is this true?
    and all these protests happened instantaneously without organization?
    i still say there's something going on here.

Post Thanks / Like

The police are human and make mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    why did the local sheriff not act on the warning signs of the nut in florida?
    does the fbi have to be involved in order to arrest somebody perceived to be a threat?

on the other hand, why didn't the fbi do anything?
    considering their left leaning management, could they have let all these shootings happen on purpose, even though they had sufficient warning in most cases?
    that makes more sense because it stirs up the dim witted to want a gun ban.
    isn't that the communists goal anyway?
    i pity my grand children.
    They don't get a lot of PhD candidates to join the Police Force. So the police are not going to be the type of smart people which choose to make a better living with their intelligence. Most of the policemen that I know were thugs in High School. Some were jocks and others were just some trouble makers that were smarter than other trouble makers and chose to be on the force instead of in a gang. The guy in my grade school who was in trouble with the principle more than any other kid in our school joined the EPD after HS and became a detective and dog handler later in his career. I've seen this guy beat the living hell out of a guy at the Stadium on night during a rock concert. He dragged the guy out side the stadium into the street and beat the living hell out of the guy, Kicking him after he was on the ground. This same guy was known to go out with his friends in HS looking to beat people up. He and I were good friends in Grammar School but I lost track of him in HS. When I worked a few HS football games as an EMT Ambulance driver I saw this policeman at the games a few times and we exchanged hello's. He was actually pretty smart and bored in grade school which is probably why he was in trouble all the time. He liked to stir things up. An couple other Policemen that I know were HS football players and just big jocks and not that smart. they were not dumb but they were not the PhD candidates for Astro Physics. Just regular guys that were bigger than most other kids in school. They were used to getting their way. And the Mayor needs these type of guns on the Police force in order to handle the criminal thugs on the streets and to keep the peace

But these guys make mistakes. They failed to arrest and put the Kelly guy (TX Church Shooter) in jail after he beat up his wife. Kelly actually escaped from a mental facility before he shot up the church. Kelly was the man who got shot by the good guy with the AR15 after he exited the church as was trying to get into his vehicle and drive way to look for his x family members. Kelly died from his wounds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    They don't get a lot of PhD candidates to join the Police Force. So the police are not going to be the type of smart people which choose to make a better living with their intelligence. Most of the policemen that I know were thugs in High School. Some were jocks and others were just some trouble makers that were smarter than other trouble makers and chose to be on the force instead of in a gang.
    That is some of the most disrespectful BULL **** I have ever heard. You're freakin disgusting. Maybe you were also a thug and hung around with thugs.

There are Cops on this page.....good cops. GREAT cops who are freakin educated. Actually, most cops I know ARE educated, and quite a few have a criminal justice background.

I honestly think you just post this stupid **** because you're a lonely ass old man, and have nothing else better do do. If that's the case, get a dog or something........no one is this hateful....except maybe you.

GAWD .

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

The 2nd amendment protects all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I believe it is number 2, becasue without first amendment, you really don't have America.....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This was such a big issue with the "motherland".

Notice the first part of the first amendment is about Religion. the second part is about free speech and the press. The third part is about assembly.

It really could have been 3 separate rights.
    To me the most important of the bill of rights is the 2nd amendment