Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Water Conditions From Any Where in Kentucky

Can anyone who was on the water this past weekend give a report on the water conditions. Any lake will help.

Post Thanks / Like
    These tell me all I know : http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html --- http://www.lakelevels.info/USA/Kentucky/

I've also seen several pics/videos on Facebook ... and the only "decent" looking lakes are Cumberland (and they have all the gates open wide) and Dale Hollow, and possibly Barren. But, I don't know that much about Dale & Barren, so I'm only guessing at their current state by their current levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Green River flooding trees

Ramps at Lone Valley and maybe Emerald Isle were launchable from the road. Probably not by tomorrow. Holding flood waters to protect down stream towns. Might be able to fish by mid May. Calling for more rain by Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished LC this Sunday. Water was way up, stained to muddy depending on what part of the creek I was in. Lot of trash in the hollers and slew's with an occasional floater out in the main channel. Fished up in Fishing Creek. Have heard the color on the big end was much better with conditions like I saw being very comparable in the creeks on that end.

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek Lake KY

Wanted to escape while mother in-law is in town to do some fishing at cedar creek lake early next week. Can anyone give me water condition and condition of boat launches?

Post Thanks / Like
    Drove by Cedar Wednesday this past week. It looked great. Just a tinge of color in places but mostly relatively clear and water level was pretty comparable to normal, maybe up a couple feet. By far the best looking water I seen last week. Didn't fish it that day and it has rained some since though so may have changed a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake Cumberland...Water at the dam is clear. Main lake area around the dam was 50. There were several floaters on the lower end in the main lake but not too bad. By sunset most of the floaters were gone. I was within sight of the dam around 10:15 AM and heard the alarm going off so I suppose they were letting water out. This may also explain why most of the floaters on the lower end were gone at sunset. Indian is 53-57 pending area and color is anywhere from clear to heavy stain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Report: I fished Dale Hollow Lake saturday. I launched at the state park and fished both KY and TN sides of the lake.

The water is up above summer pool by a couple of feet. Water is stained but still I could look down and see cavitation plate on outboard so not too bad. 51-52 surface temp. Some light floating debris but not bad at all. Very windy conditions made it tough minnow fishing. Caught 1 LM and 1 SM. Another boat near me throwing artificial and catching a couple.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished Lake Cumberland Sunday, Fishing Creek area. Water was way up and stained. Some trash, especially in the smaller branches that come into the main creek. I was trying to line out some crappie but never could get a bite going. Picked up one here and there. Water temps were 49.7-52.7. Fished from 7:30 to about 1:30. Water got warmer as the day went on but didn't change anything. Did notice a lot of nice shad flipping toward the heads of the creeks. Water stays a bit stained, my next trip will be for stripers after netting a tank full of those shad. Good luck fellas!!!