Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek Lake Fishing Report 03/04/18

When possible I will be posting fishing reports, here is my first report of the season, thanks hope this helps some of you!

http://jaywallenfishing.com/cedar-cr...port-03-04-18/

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report. I fear your plea for respect will fall on deaf ears though. That is the reason my boat is only in that water late fall and winter. People leave all fishing etiquette and respect of others in their pickup after they launch their boat!!!! I have never had so many confrontations in my life as I have on that lake alone.
    Likes MagikSmallie, 18RangerZ520L, BKGOOCH liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Great report. I fear your plea for respect will fall on deaf ears though. That is the reason my boat is only in that water late fall and winter. People leave all fishing etiquette and respect of others in their pickup after they launch their boat!!!! I have never had so many confrontations in my life as I have on that lake alone.
    No doubt, it's like a gladiator battle at the Colosseum out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it is! And I bet you've had some close calls in your kayak! Fishing courtesy doesn't exist at Cedar.......

I've had guys blow right by me on plane like 20' from where I was fishing and had guys see me catch fish and pull a bent rod pattern/Boyd Duckett on me and come over on top of me and tie on exactly what I was throwing (has happened multiple times, and I call them out on it....). I know the lake like the back of my hand and feel confident to go there and catch 3lb-5lb all the time, but to be honest I'm kinda burnt out of the place. If I get the fishing itch and want to get my line stretched close to home and I can't swing a 3+ day trip down south I'll go there, but otherwise I'm going to focus my efforts down south where DD's are common and there's more "room to breathe" on the water. Seems like Cedar's big fish cap out around the 6lb/7lb mark, with the very rare one that'll go 7lb-8.5lb... I've heard the stories from the fish and wildlife guys and other anglers of 9lb+, but so far zero "proof"/pics/videos.

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    No doubt, it's like a gladiator battle at the Colosseum out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Yep, it is! And I bet you've had some close calls in your kayak! Fishing courtesy doesn't exist at Cedar.......

I've had guys blow right by me on plane like 20' from where I was fishing and had guys see me catch fish and pull a bent rod pattern/Boyd Duckett on me and come over on top of me and tie on exactly what I was throwing (has happened multiple times, and I call them out on it....). I know the lake like the back of my hand and feel confident to go there and catch 3lb-5lb all the time, but to be honest I'm kinda burnt out of the place. If I get the fishing itch and want to get my line stretched close to home and I can't swing a 3+ day trip down south I'll go there, but otherwise I'm going to focus my efforts down south where DD's are common and there's more "room to breathe" on the water. Seems like Cedar's big fish cap out around the 6lb/7lb mark, with the very rare one that'll go 7lb-8.5lb... I've heard the stories from the fish and wildlife guys and other anglers of 9lb+, but so far zero "proof"/pics/videos.
    You are spot on!! I can consistently go out and catch 4-6lbers and occasionally pull a 7-8lber. I have had 1 for sure, maybe 2 that were well over the 8lb mark, but we'll never know since they got away. But yeah its almost becoming not worth it anymore. I still love to go, because I know it so well, but the people out there can really turn a guy off to fishing! Time would be better spent on KY Lake, Gville or Chick!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup.......

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Time would be better spent on KY Lake, Gville or Chick!

Post Thanks / Like
    But now if the state started stocking Florida strains in there it would perk my interest again.... (after 5+ years for them to grow to a decent size)

Good report BTW
    Likes slamson71 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

10lb

Actually there's a pic of 10lb bass from cedar in latest bassmaster magazine fwiw. Are there any campgrounds close to lake? Hotels?

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that... No way that is 10.4lb, no way...

Maybe both of the fish he's holding together weigh 10.4lb....

If one of those fish is 10.4lb, the second one he's holding is like 9lb-ish.

Absolutely NO way it's 10.4lb......

Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    Actually there's a pic of 10lb bass from cedar in latest bassmaster magazine fwiw. Are there any campgrounds close to lake? Hotels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that pic a few times. If that bass is 10lbs then I'm Shirley Temple LOL. I've got 3 over 10lbs personally (all from FL) and neither of those two are remotely close to 10. the one might go 7..maybe. still an awesome fish. I attached my two best from Cedar last year, one was 6lbs and change and the other was just over 7#, so if that one is 10lbs then.....hmmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22Inch.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	16326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	16327  

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, look at Jay's fish above from Cedar and mine attached in this post from Cedar. You all be the judge and see if the pic of the 10.4lb can convince you it's really 10.4lb..................LOL!!!

I'm not "long arming" them and keep in mind I'm 6'4" / 250lb.

Move your cursor over my pics to see the description of their weights and dates caught.

And I have pics of fish in the 8lb-9lb class in my profile albums that look bigger than his "10.4lb".

Name:	CC 4-30-14 7# (2).jpg 
Views:	1275 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	16328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC 7-12-15 (6.8# & 5#).jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	16329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC 10-27-14 6# & 5# (3).jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	16330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC Feb 17 (6lb 8oz).jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	16331  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cedar Creek 2013 6#.jpg 
Views:	866 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	16332  

Post Thanks / Like
    And for those who haven't seen the "10.4" from Cedar it's attached....

Like I said, IF one of those fish is "10.4lb", the other is in the high 8lb - low 9lb range!!! It's similar in size to the "10.4"......

His Facebook says they were 8.9 and 10.2 and were caught June 25, 2017... The ONLY way you're going to catch a 8lb+ from Cedar is going to be winter/pre-spawn... Summer bass at Cedar that have flat bellies like in his pic and weigh 10.2lb are going to be 12lb+ pre spawn!!!!! There's NO WAY those fish are 8.9 and 10.2. A 10lb bass in KY is rare and if I were to catch a 9lb and 10lb the same day from Cedar, I'd have pics of the scale with fish on it, videos and a dozen+ witnesses..... just sayin'....

I've got pics and video of my PB on a IGFA certified Boga Grip...

Name:	BASS Lunkerclub.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	16333  
    Last edited by 18RangerZ520L; 03-05-2018 at 06:16 PM.