Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Conditions on Cumberland

Anybody know what the water clarity is on Lake Cumberland? I plan on maybe fishing for Smallmouth tommorow and launching out of Pleasant Hill so fishing mouths of Caney/Wolf maybe Pumpkin and Greasy. Primary Points and secondarys. WHats the clarity/debris situation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't speak for that end of the lake per say but Sunday Fishing creek was stained to muddy depending on where you were in the creek. Lots of debris in the hollers but not a lot out on the main creek. Enough to take caution but I was able to keep up on plane at full throttle most times. I fished from PC park to near the mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zero idea on water conditions but like you I will be on Cumberland tomorrow. I plan on putting in mid morning at Holcomb's (ramp @ dam) and fishing until sunset. I more than likely will be in the main lake/Indian/Beaver/Otter area. Conditions will determine where I end up. I know you mentioned you would be closer to the Jamestown area but if you see me out stop and say hello...picture of my boat is in my profile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water clarity is in stages. Jamestown area is muddy. Creeks will go from murky at the mouth, and then clear up a little as you go towards mid creek, them you might run into a mud/murky line again, and it will clear up again. Temps range from 53-58 depending where you are. Bait is here and there as well with no particular rhyme or reason.
    3/4s back in most big creeks the water is a perfect olive drab and there is usually bait close.
    Watch out for the battleships and submarines lurking around out there, if theres any chop on the water they disappear until youre right on top of them
    Last edited by stripernut1; 02-26-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Wording

Post Thanks / Like
    Water at the dam is clear. Main lake area around the dam was 50. There were several floaters on the lower end in the main lake but not too bad. By sunset most of the floaters were gone. I was within sight of the dam around 10:15 AM and heard the alarm going off so I suppose they were letting water out. This may also explain why most of the floaters on the lower end were gone at sunset. Indian is 53-57 pending area and color is anywhere from clear to heavy stain.
    Likes headbanger, MrPike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Water at the dam is clear. Main lake area around the dam was 50. There were several floaters on the lower end in the main lake but not too bad. By sunset most of the floaters were gone. I was within sight of the dam around 10:15 AM and heard the alarm going off so I suppose they were letting water out. This may also explain why most of the floaters on the lower end were gone at sunset. Indian is 53-57 pending area and color is anywhere from clear to heavy stain.

Thanks for the report. I ended up not going out. I stayed home and waxed the boat, changed oil and did some projects on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPike View Post
    Thanks for the report. I ended up not going out. I stayed home and waxed the boat, changed oil and did some projects on it.
    You missed a pretty good day, until the wind started blowing.....AGAIN!!
    Its getting old getting beat up by these windy rough days, not as young as i used to be and it shows lol