Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Motorguide to Minn Kota Fortex question

Hello all, new to the forum and fairly new to my bass boat. I am upgrading from an older 75lb thrust 24v Motorguide to an 80lb 24v fortrex. I am good on mounting the unit but not so good at wiring it. From the foot control on the fortrex i have a black and red lead. At my power station on the bow of my boat i have a 3 way receptacle (the motorguide had a 3way plug). i shouldnt need to run new wire to the batteries but how do i make this connection from the two new foot control wires to the pre existing 3 wires at my power station ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justfish3307 View Post
    Hello all, new to the forum and fairly new to my bass boat. I am upgrading from an older 75lb thrust 24v Motorguide to an 80lb 24v fortrex. I am good on mounting the unit but not so good at wiring it. From the foot control on the fortrex i have a black and red lead. At my power station on the bow of my boat i have a 3 way receptacle (the motorguide had a 3way plug). i shouldnt need to run new wire to the batteries but how do i make this connection from the two new foot control wires to the pre existing 3 wires at my power station ?
    Did you get a response?

I think you prob have a 12/ 24 volt plug up front, and you need to hookup that stuff exactly right.

Not completely sure, but I'd start by pulling that plug and making sure you in fact have 2 leads leaving the female side of the plug, and not 2. IF you have 3, I bet it is wired 12/24. IF 2, it is probably only wired 24, since you took a 24 off.

in EITHER case, I'd definitely check the voltage coming to the plug and mark the leads if you do in fact have 12/24 wired.

I had to deal with this also when I converted way back when on my old Tracker that was wired 12/24 with motorguide.

I hope this helps.

Later,

Geo