Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Replica mount layout options... (Part 2)

Need opinions on my PB smallie (6lb 4oz) replica mount layout options... Out of #1, #4, #6 or #8 which do you like best?

The piece of paper towel in the bottom of #6 is where he'd cut the wood off under the plaque.

My PB largemouth he just completed is on his website, 12lb 8oz - www.davecampbellfish.com (or seen in my previous post in this forum)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	16319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#4.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	16320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#6.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	16321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#8.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	16322  

Post Thanks / Like

I like #4

Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Need opinions on my PB smallie (6lb 4oz) replica mount layout options... Out of #1, #4, #6 or #8 which do you like best?

The piece of paper towel in the bottom of #6 is where he'd cut the wood off under the plaque.

My PB largemouth he just completed is on his website, 12lb 8oz - www.davecampbellfish.com (or seen in my previous post in this forum)
    I like the wood in the back ground of #4. It's more symmetrical than the others. Symmetry is important to me .

If you have a DSLR type camera and can change or modify the exposure settings then you can under expose or over expose for different objects in the scene.

The fish itself looks over exposed in the picture as the back ground is all dark. I'm guessing that it's just a plastic mold for the fish? No paint on the mode yet? Hopefully you will show us some of the pictures of the finished SM bass when it's done.

When you take a picture and use the entire scene for the exposure control and the majority of the scene is dark the lighter objects in the picture are often over exposed. What I do is use spot monitoring for the exposure control and focus on the fish itself and expose the picture for the fish only. That way the exposure of the picture is based on the light coming off just the fish and the darker back ground. The same thing works best when you are taking a picture of someone with a white back ground surrounding them. I get in close to the persons face and expose for the light coming off their face. I save or hold that exposure setting, back up again and focus on their face then take the picture. If you expose for all the scene with lots of white in the back ground the face of the person will be too dark. All that white snow in the back ground will make the exposure shorter or let in less light so that the White snow won't be over exposed. But if the main subject is the person's face and not the snowy back ground you want the exposure to let in more light so that the darker face of the person will have more light exposure on it.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes 18RangerZ520L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    1 or 6 looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. Yeah, no paint yet. He just recently finished my PB largemouth, it's in a thread in this forum. Those are just the pics of possible mounting options he texted me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I like the wood in the back ground of #4. It's more symmetrical than the others. Symmetry is important to me .

I'm guessing that it's just a plastic mold for the fish? No paint on the mode yet? Hopefully you will show us some of the pictures of the finished SM bass when it's done.

When you take a picture and use the entire scene for the exposure control and the majority of the scene is dark the lighter objects in the picture are often over exposed. What I do is use spot monitoring for the exposure control and focus on the fish itself and expose the picture for the fish only. That way the exposure of the picture is based on the light coming off just the fish and the darker back ground. The same thing works best when you are taking a picture of someone with a white back ground surrounding them. I get in close to the persons face and expose for the light coming off their face. I save or hold that exposure setting, back up again and focus on their face then take the picture. If you expose for all the scene with lots of white in the back ground the face of the person will be too dark. All that white snow in the back ground will make the exposure shorter or let in less light so that the White snow won't be over exposed. But if the main subject is the person's face and not the snowy back ground you want the exposure to let in more light so that the darker face of the person will have more light exposure on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Cool. Yeah, no paint yet. He just recently finished my PB largemouth, it's in a thread in this forum. Those are just the pics of possible mounting options he texted me.
    1 looks best to me....................I like 4 also, but 1, if I was mounting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like #1!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards #1...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    1 looks best to me....................I like 4 also, but 1, if I was mounting.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    #4 is my pick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the input

Quote Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
    #4 is my pick.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's completed my smallie, attached are some pics. I'm blown away by his work, both the largemouth and smallie he did for me look phenomenal. Can't wait to see the smallie in person!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	16504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	16505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM3.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	16506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM4.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	16507  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM5.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	16508  
    Likes buickfan70, Wormin, SLP, Z-20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is amazing! Best smallmouth replica ive ever seen, perfect in every detail. Congrats