Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY and Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

KY and Barkley

From looking at the TVA site, it does not look like KY and Barkley are having much issue with the crazy rain.

Anyone have any ideas about the lakes. I'm headed that way in a week, and would like any information.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Check that.........I just checked and it looks like 1 ft over summer pool and still rising.........

OOPS My BAD.......... .

I guess chocolate milk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Check that.........I just checked and it looks like 1 ft over summer pool and still rising.........

OOPS My BAD.......... .

I guess chocolate milk.
    Looking pretty ugly on the big lakes. They have been spilling for days trying to get as much out of the system as possible before the flood on the Ohio made it down that far now they are cutting back the flow and it is rising rapidly. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 feet above summer pool in the next few days maybe more. So much for March...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Looking pretty ugly on the big lakes. They have been spilling for days trying to get as much out of the system as possible before the flood on the Ohio made it down that far now they are cutting back the flow and it is rising rapidly. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 feet above summer pool in the next few days maybe more. So much for March...
    I have March trips scheduled.........I hope I can launch a boat......Maybe from teh parking lot. .

Post Thanks / Like
    TVA closed the flood gates they are predicting 368 ft
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    TVA closed the flood gates they are predicting 368 ft
    10ft over..........that's not too bad, as long as it is not too muddy When they drop the bottom , that will ****, and will ruin fishing this spring....

Post Thanks / Like
    10ft over..........that's not too bad, as long as it is not too muddy When they drop the bottom , that will ****, and will ruin fishing this spring....
    368 - I guess I was being a little optimistic. I have caught fish with the water way up but it is overwhelming so much water and cover. Might try fishing on some flooded lawns - that is one way I have found them. I have caught some flipping tree tops too. If the water and light are right you can sometimes see the shadow in the tops and flip to them. It must of been 2011 and I caught one pushing 7 doing that. Sure would like it better 3 - 4 feet down cranking on the gravel flats. There's always next year. I think I am going to save my play days for April this year...
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    368 - I guess I was being a little optimistic. I have caught fish with the water way up but it is overwhelming so much water and cover. Might try fishing on some flooded lawns - that is one way I have found them. I have caught some flipping tree tops too. If the water and light are right you can sometimes see the shadow in the tops and flip to them. It must of been 2011 and I caught one pushing 7 doing that. Sure would like it better 3 - 4 feet down cranking on the gravel flats. There's always next year. I think I am going to save my play days for April this year...
    Any updates..........Anyone fishing........

I'm I'm still coming, as if I don't , I cannot resched teh weekend and it will be lost.........

I WILL be there. .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm I'm still coming, as if I don't , I cannot resched teh weekend and it will be lost.........

I WILL be there. .
    I sent you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I WILL be there. .

Geo - did you go? Find any fish in all that water and debris? I looked at the lake forecast today and it is peaking tomorrow above 364, 5' above summer pool. Hopefully they will get it down and stable pretty soon...
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Geo - did you go? Find any fish in all that water and debris? I looked at the lake forecast today and it is peaking tomorrow above 364, 5' above summer pool. Hopefully they will get it down and stable pretty soon...
    Headed down this next weekend. I'm looking forward to it........I think .

Post Thanks / Like
    Here now.............WE caught a couple fish in about 3 hrs yesterday. 1 short fish and a small 2 14 keeper. I have a good idea what I want to do today.

I will let you guys know if I find anything out.............not many boats out
    Likes Bardcard liked this post