Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bang for the buck is Trilene big game. It's not the "sexiest" choice, but it is a good all around line. Little strechy but it's tough and forgiving. If you back lash, it stands up to the kinks. It's pretty cheap too. 15lb should do the trick. Don't get too hung up on choosing flouro, co-polomer, or braid. After you aquire more technique specific equipment, and gain more experience then start using different lines. Izor line is another good all around line, but it's hard to find. Mono still gets em in the boat. Good luck
    Likes Mash Davis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up fishing spinning reels and threw top water as a majority in the summer. It can be done as long as the bait size matches your set up. A 6.5 foot medium to medium heavy rod with spinning reel and 8-10 pound co-poly or mono is a great set up for it. It would also be good for drop shotting and using any kind of shakey head presentation. I still think 14-15 pound mono would be too stiff for many of your lure choices. Might consider saving money on a spool and going to get ur reel spooled at a bait shop like I mentioned earlier. Ideally for me with the two set ups and baits u have mentioned I would be fishing 12 pound co-poly on my baitcaster and 10 pound fluoro on my spin cast. That should cover the baits u have mentioned for the most part.
    Likes Mash Davis liked this post