Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Line class records

Hello, Just wondering if anyone has a link or where I can get some information on line class records for Kentucky? I have searched online but no luck really. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner1974 View Post
    Hello, Just wondering if anyone has a link or where I can get some information on line class records for Kentucky? I have searched online but no luck really. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    I don't know as KY even has a "line class" record setup. IGFA or Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame are the only ones I know of that recognize "line class" records. I don't even think KY has a "lake record" setup .... just a State Record Fish deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    A guy I know has been gathering data for quite a while. He has a list of several lakes across the nation and has compiled a lake record for bass weight on several lakes in the United States. It's not a line class record it's a verified weight of a bass for lakes across the nation. Before he released the site to go public he ask me to look at his website and give him feedback. I will send him a message and see if his site is up and ready for the public. I will update when I have more information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    A guy I know has been gathering data for quite a while. He has a list of several lakes across the nation and has compiled a lake record for bass weight on several lakes in the United States. It's not a line class record it's a verified weight of a bass for lakes across the nation. Before he released the site to go public he ask me to look at his website and give him feedback. I will send him a message and see if his site is up and ready for the public. I will update when I have more information.
    I got a response and the website I was talking about is live and ready for the public. There is a nice mixture of current articles as well as some older but relevant stuff. Please note that what's listed for a lake record is a Largemouth, Smallmouth or Spotted bass that has been verified. If you click on the record verification link you will find multiple ways to get your record recognized for the lake it came from.

https://lakerecord.net/

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you have to be a member of the IGFA to even view the line class world records,which to me would limit people knowing if they caught a line class record fish or not as I think it costs quite a bit to become a member near $100.00 or so if memory is working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
    I think you have to be a member of the IGFA to even view the line class world records,which to me would limit people knowing if they caught a line class record fish or not as I think it costs quite a bit to become a member near $100.00 or so if memory is working.

Not quite that much, but you are correct that you have to be a paying member to view the records.

I looked it up and this is the yearly fee outlay :

Junior (16 & under) - $20
    Premium - $40
    Family - $55
    Lifetime - $1,500

(all information taken from this site : https://www.igfa.org/memberships.aspx )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner1974 View Post
    I am appreciative of all of the info you guys have given me. I knew of the world record info but didn't know about the state. I was just daydreaming while looking at snow outside the other afternoon and thought it would be a challenge to go after one this year if there were multiple classes for Kentucky. Maybe something could get set up down the road for this type of thing. Anyway, thanks again!! And hopefully we'll all have wet lines soon!