Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY Lake

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake

Fished KY Lake this weekend, running the traditional march patterns....caught probably 70 fish from Friday-Sunday, all dinks 13-15"ers where the big bass at?
    Likes SLP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t been personally but from other lakes around the state they’re saying the bigger fish are still deeper. Not sure how you fished but might try staying a little more offshore to try to pick up that bigger bite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Fished KY Lake this weekend, running the traditional march patterns....caught probably 70 fish from Friday-Sunday, all dinks 13-15"ers where the big bass at?
    Still a nice weekend. I'm curious were you in a kayak or boat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Nice day. I'm curious were you in a kayak or boat?
    I was in the kayak this weekend. There will be hundreds all over that lake this week. $100,000 tournament this weekend. everybody looking for the big bite.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't mind me asking how deep did you find most of them to be?

Also do you ever venture out very far into the main lake on your kayak or mostly stick to the shoreline and coves? I fish Barkley mostly and often in a kayak and stick to the shoreline if out on the main lake. I will cross a decent size cove at times but never have gone very far out on the main lake. I know you fish out of the kayak a lot and was curious about that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    If you don't mind me asking how deep did you find most of them to be?

Also do you ever venture out very far into the main lake on your kayak or mostly stick to the shoreline and coves? I fish Barkley mostly and often in a kayak and stick to the shoreline if out on the main lake. I will cross a decent size cove at times but never have gone very far out on the main lake. I know you fish out of the kayak a lot and was curious about that. Thanks
    Lots of dinks shallow up on the banks.moved out off the points in 20' and still caught dinks LOL. I get offshore, main lake ledges etc...it all depends on the wind though. current doesn't bother me but 4 footers do haha. once the post spawn hits though I'll get out on the ledges for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the kayak this weekend. There will be hundreds all over that lake this week. $100,000 tournament this weekend. everybody looking for the big bite.
    What tournament is that? Can’t find any info on it. Dates and ramp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-20 View Post
    What tournament is that? Can’t find any info on it. Dates and ramp?
    Kayakbassfishing.com

750+ anglers, $100,000 to first place HQ is Paris but we can launch at any public ramp on KY and Barkely. Lake will be crowded to say the least.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    75% rain and 12 mph wind on KY or Barkley in a kayak...1st place should pay a million and the winner should get a brass set mounted. 750 boats searching for a bay to fish in will look like firewood ricked. I feel for these guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    75% rain and 12 mph wind on KY or Barkley in a kayak...1st place should pay a million and the winner should get a brass set mounted. 750 boats searching for a bay to fish in will look like firewood ricked. I feel for these guys.
    I've been down there during this tourney. It isn't bad..........they can trailer to any ramp, and with a Yak, there are a whole lot of back bays you can get to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kayakbassfishing.com

750+ anglers, $100,000 to first place HQ is Paris but we can launch at any public ramp on KY and Barkely. Lake will be crowded to say the least.
    Good luck if you are fishing in the tournament.

Post Thanks / Like
    Further up the TN River...

Good luck!

where the big bass at?