Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rough River Lake for Saturday March 31st

I agreed to fish a tournament on Rough River Lake Saturday. It is a tournament for a charity, but I would still like to catch some fish just to be able to say I "weighed-in" at my first tournament. I've never fished a tournament before, and I don't really plan on fishing in one again unless it is another charity event.

My questions are what is the water conditions at Rough River Lake like now, (water clarity, temp, level, ect) and what do I need to try throw lure-wise to catch some bass? Where should I concentrate my fishing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it rained over there like it did here in Pulaski County but if it did I would say that the level/color will be changing hourly for the next day or two. You probably won't have a clear picture of conditions until you are on the water Saturday and it still may be changing even then.
    Likes Rudypoo4444 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    I don't know if it rained over there like it did here in Pulaski County but if it did I would say that the level/color will be changing hourly for the next day or two. You probably won't have a clear picture of conditions until you are on the water Saturday and it still may be changing even then.
    You are probably exactly right.

I only live about 45 minutes from Rough, but it is probably my least favorite lake to fish in the whole state. I just don't seem to have the confidence in finding the fish there as I do in the other lakes I frequent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    You are probably exactly right.

I only live about 45 minutes from Rough, but it is probably my least favorite lake to fish in the whole state. I just don't seem to have the confidence in finding the fish there as I do in the other lakes I frequent.
    What tournament is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    What tournament is it?
    I honestly have no idea. A good friend set this all up, and even paid our entry fee. He doesn't have a boat, but he wanted to enter this charity tournament to help out, so I said we would use mine and enter it. I think is is a charity for a child of someone who works at Southwire in Hawesville KY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    I honestly have no idea. A good friend set this all up, and even paid our entry fee. He doesn't have a boat, but he wanted to enter this charity tournament to help out, so I said we would use mine and enter it. I think is is a charity for a child of someone who works at Southwire in Hawesville KY.
    If you can find out, let me know. My son and I would like to fish. Just need some info

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can find out, let me know. My son and I would like to fish. Just need some info
    I wish I had more info, but the tournament starts at 7am, must be registered by 630. It was $60 a boat going out of the state boat ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you are from the Whitesville area. I am too. If you know Andy Mayfield, that is who I am fishing with. He is the one that set us up on the tournament.