Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cumberland

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland

Never been on the lake but considering giving it a shot if the bite at Dale doesnt pick up tomorrow. Im staying in Albany. Any suggestions on a ramp to launch and areas to hit? Type of fishing that seems to be producing?

Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberkand

From where you’re staying i’d either put in at the dam or go to pleasant hill in Russell springs. Either cranking for smallmouth, spinnerbaits for largemouth or hit the pockets with jigs & plastics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at google earth it appears Grider Hill would be closest boat ramp? then the Dam. Not that familiar with the area so double check Grider Hill may be something I am missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterjames View Post
    Never been on the lake but considering giving it a shot if the bite at Dale doesnt pick up tomorrow. Im staying in Albany. Any suggestions on a ramp to launch and areas to hit? Type of fishing that seems to be producing?

Skeeter
    I always liked Beaver Creek Marina but that's probably just from familiarity. But I just got back from a four day trip with the family and brother's family. We went out of Jamestown this time though and my brother and i did pretty well, especially this morning. We went through Low Gap and were fishing bays just outside Beaver and Otter... catching smallmouth on secondary points with shale sloped banks mostly on a ned rig, but also some on cranks and a deep suspending jerkbait. Water temps were consistent in the mid 50's. Still a lot of debris on the water so be careful out there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180402_074123[1].jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	16520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180402_074129[1].jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	16519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180402_074034[1].jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	16521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180401_094146[1].jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	16522  

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland

We hauled a couple of fish this afternoon in Indian Creek. Also fished Brown but nothing. Our bites came on deep cranks.

What depth are you focusing on and any particular color working better than others?

Thanks!

Skeeter

Quote Originally Posted by shortkid View Post
    I always liked Beaver Creek Marina but that's probably just from familiarity. But I just got back from a four day trip with the family and brother's family. We went out of Jamestown this time though and my brother and i did pretty well, especially this morning. We went through Low Gap and were fishing bays just outside Beaver and Otter... catching smallmouth on secondary points with shale sloped banks mostly on a ned rig, but also some on cranks and a deep suspending jerkbait. Water temps were consistent in the mid 50's. Still a lot of debris on the water so be careful out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crankbaits were probably running 8' - 10' and in the brownish color. The jerkbait was greenish as was the ned rig. I also threw a red crank and shad color crank, a white spinner with white willow blades, a shakey head with a green finesse worm and a darkish squarebill with no success.

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland

Our fish came on deeper cranks in black & white and sexy shad. Through a red/gold rouge, white spinner, black/blue jig with no luck. Today was the first time Id ever been on the lake. We might drive to Beaver and launch tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Crankbaits were probably running 8' - 10' and in the brownish color. The jerkbait was greenish as was the ned rig. I also threw a red crank and shad color crank, a white spinner with white willow blades, a shakey head with a green finesse worm and a darkish squarebill with no success.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try the ned rig in the same type of areas that you were getting crank bites... but I'd keep throwin the crank and a jerk bait as I think the bite is going to get better the next few days. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

NED Rig

Ive never thrown it. I looked it up and saw it was basically like a senko on a flat lead head. How do you fish it?

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTEe=skeeterjames;567867]Ive never thrown it. I looked it up and saw it was basically like a senko on a flat lead head. How do you fish it?[/QUOTE]
    You are correct tear a senko in half fish on mushroom head if you don't have one try round head or aspirin head jig I throw 1/4oz I throw it out let it sink to bottom or close and sloow reel it back it looks like a lethargic minnow you can let it sink to bottom this is where a mushroom head helps it will stand up let it soak a while then either hop or or slow drag it let fish tell you what they want. Ther are good videos on you -tube
    Last edited by roadrunner; 04-03-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver Creek

I would try the ned rig in the same type of areas that you were getting crank bites... but I'd keep throwin the crank and a jerk bait as I think the bite is going to get better the next few days. Good luck!
    Any particulars you can give me in Beaver? I followed your info on types of banks and finally ran into some fish. I found some bait and of course, fish. Im heading back tomorrow and Friday with my dad and son. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. It will be both their first trips on the lake and only my 3rd. I bailed on Dale after it turned into the dead sea earlier in the week.

Thanks again.

Skeeter