Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How is America Doing?

How is America Doing?

We’ll never find that out in The State of the Nation Address.

Let’s start with morals. What about the growing acceptance of immoral behavior? When we compromise God’s moral laws there are always consequences. What about families? Broken families lead to broken lives, which leads to a broken society. Marriage and family are the building block of society. Half of marriages in America are ending in divorce, thus many young people are avoiding marriage all together.

What about sexual promiscuity? Sexual promiscuity begins early these days in American. Many start at the age of twelve and some even earlier. Sexually transmitted infections among young people account for nearly half of the nation’s nineteen million new sexually transmitted infections each year. Each year 750,000 young females from the age fifteen to nineteen become pregnant, and many of these pregnancies end in abortion and illegitimacy. In fact, eighteen percent of the pregnancies end in abortion.

What about the drug use, human trafficking and sexual abuse? There were reported over 63,000 drug overdoses, over 17, 500 murders, over 320,000 sexual assaults in 2016 in the US. A child gets abused every 8 minutes in America. The average age of teenager to enter the sex trade in this country is 12 to 14 years of age, and most all are runaways. There are between 14,000 and 17,000 people coming into this country each year in the sex trade. How are we doing in America? It doesn’t look to me very well.

Children born into unmarried homes are more at risk in society. Children born into fatherless homes are far more likely to die in infancy, to be poor, to show aggressive behavior, to abuse drugs, to have behavioral problems in school and to spend time in jail or prison. So what is the cost to the nation, meaning us? In 2011, federal and state governments spent $330 billion on assistance to low-income single parent families with children, to say nothing about prison and court costs.

For four consecutive years the federal government has amassed a trillion-dollar deficit. It took the United States 200 years to accumulate its first trillion dollars in debt. Now it takes about 10 months. Many American cities are broke, as well as many states, and America’s citizens are suffering the consequences. Do you remember when God said centuries ago “the borrower is servant to the lender” (Proverbs 22:7)? America is now the most indebted nation in world.

Among the American children who are born, one in six has some kind of developmental disability. Children born of drug using mothers have extremely high medical cost and suffer many disabilities, which we as taxpayers pay the bill. These children are born to parents with poor life skills and have no way to support their children financially, emotionally, mentally or spiritually. So again America working citizens suffers the payback in crime, murder and prison.

The president says he is bringing back factories and jobs, but will there be enough willing workers who want to work? If our “free-loading” citizens are “working the system” and to get “free money” from our government, why would they want to work? If they are robbing and stealing from us, the hard worker, to by drugs and cigarettes, why would they want to work? Now days, very few young people can pass a drug test.

What about our food source? Today as a nation, we import more food for our citizens than we export, and much of the time these foods are of a lower quality than the foods grown by our great food producers in this nation. If you like antibiotics, added water and who knows what else injected into the meats you eat, more power to you. We should not have to pay higher prices for “organic” foods, which most are no more organic than the “label” its printed.

How about our military? I am not sure we have enough willpower and desire to fight a major war. The military has been gutted to such an extreme it will take years to rebuild, to say nothing about the “drug pool” we would have to draw from. For a few decades now, we have generations who know nothing about the sacrifices our brave men made in past wars. With the loss in manpower due to drug use, gang violence and general poor health among our citizens, our military may never be what it needs to be.

Before we make America great again, maybe we need stop and really look around us and within us and realize what it took for us to be here, what others did that allows us live in this once truly great and free nation. Would it be asking too much to once more love our neighbor as the Almighty God loves us? Would it be asking too much to realize God made each one of us in His image, made us for His Glory and wants the very best in our lives, which includes making the best choices for a healthy and productive life.

Abraham Lincoln said, “At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up among us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.”

Bonefish
    Likes LJP, Bill M of NJ, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant agree more with this post, seen the children of broken homes, drugs and criminal activity is the norm, sad in many ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Who made the millinials?

WE DID. My generation tried to make sure our "kids" didn't do with out.Growing up I was happy with a bat and baseball mitt.Sure I had a bike, almost every kid did.But now 100$ sneakers, 4 or 5 hundred dollar phones, and high school parking lots jammed with student cars. I knew how to say NO to my kids. If one of them[ they seldom did] threw a tantrum for something, they got palm across their butt even in public. They didn't have to make fashion statements in primary school because uniforms were required, and proper dress followed into high school. The thought of not going to college didn't need to be mentioned, and scholarships helped defray major costs, they worked for those scholarships. Things are harder now, there isn't that much part time work for younger workers now, sports and recreation has to be structured by adults.My america disappeared with the jobs that went over seas, and the loss of "made in america".There will NEVER be full employment again, and the single wage earner is as extinct as the passenger pigeon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure do miss President Obama, when I pull up to a gas pump, with my truck and boat, prices up up up.......

Post Thanks / Like

over seas

Thats where our refined crude is going, so we are paying for the exports
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Thats where our refined crude is going, so we are paying for the exports
    Up another 25 cents in the past week, up up up

Post Thanks / Like

Some do better than others!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    How is America Doing?

We’ll never find that out in The State of the Nation Address.

Let’s start with morals. What about the growing acceptance of immoral behavior? When we compromise God’s moral laws there are always consequences. What about families? Broken families lead to broken lives, which leads to a broken society. Marriage and family are the building block of society. Half of marriages in America are ending in divorce, thus many young people are avoiding marriage all together.

What about sexual promiscuity? Sexual promiscuity begins early these days in American. Many start at the age of twelve and some even earlier. Sexually transmitted infections among young people account for nearly half of the nation’s nineteen million new sexually transmitted infections each year. Each year 750,000 young females from the age fifteen to nineteen become pregnant, and many of these pregnancies end in abortion and illegitimacy. In fact, eighteen percent of the pregnancies end in abortion.

What about the drug use, human trafficking and sexual abuse? There were reported over 63,000 drug overdoses, over 17, 500 murders, over 320,000 sexual assaults in 2016 in the US. A child gets abused every 8 minutes in America. The average age of teenager to enter the sex trade in this country is 12 to 14 years of age, and most all are runaways. There are between 14,000 and 17,000 people coming into this country each year in the sex trade. How are we doing in America? It doesn’t look to me very well.

Children born into unmarried homes are more at risk in society. Children born into fatherless homes are far more likely to die in infancy, to be poor, to show aggressive behavior, to abuse drugs, to have behavioral problems in school and to spend time in jail or prison. So what is the cost to the nation, meaning us? In 2011, federal and state governments spent $330 billion on assistance to low-income single parent families with children, to say nothing about prison and court costs.

For four consecutive years the federal government has amassed a trillion-dollar deficit. It took the United States 200 years to accumulate its first trillion dollars in debt. Now it takes about 10 months. Many American cities are broke, as well as many states, and America’s citizens are suffering the consequences. Do you remember when God said centuries ago “the borrower is servant to the lender” (Proverbs 22:7)? America is now the most indebted nation in world.

Among the American children who are born, one in six has some kind of developmental disability. Children born of drug using mothers have extremely high medical cost and suffer many disabilities, which we as taxpayers pay the bill. These children are born to parents with poor life skills and have no way to support their children financially, emotionally, mentally or spiritually. So again America working citizens suffers the payback in crime, murder and prison.

The president says he is bringing back factories and jobs, but will there be enough willing workers who want to work? If our “free-loading” citizens are “working the system” and to get “free money” from our government, why would they want to work? If they are robbing and stealing from us, the hard worker, to by drugs and cigarettes, why would they want to work? Now days, very few young people can pass a drug test.

What about our food source? Today as a nation, we import more food for our citizens than we export, and much of the time these foods are of a lower quality than the foods grown by our great food producers in this nation. If you like antibiotics, added water and who knows what else injected into the meats you eat, more power to you. We should not have to pay higher prices for “organic” foods, which most are no more organic than the “label” its printed.

How about our military? I am not sure we have enough willpower and desire to fight a major war. The military has been gutted to such an extreme it will take years to rebuild, to say nothing about the “drug pool” we would have to draw from. For a few decades now, we have generations who know nothing about the sacrifices our brave men made in past wars. With the loss in manpower due to drug use, gang violence and general poor health among our citizens, our military may never be what it needs to be.

Before we make America great again, maybe we need stop and really look around us and within us and realize what it took for us to be here, what others did that allows us live in this once truly great and free nation. Would it be asking too much to once more love our neighbor as the Almighty God loves us? Would it be asking too much to realize God made each one of us in His image, made us for His Glory and wants the very best in our lives, which includes making the best choices for a healthy and productive life.

Abraham Lincoln said, “At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up among us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.”

Bonefish
    Not every one is doing better and not every one is doing worst. America is a big melting pot of various people of all walks of like and income.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The sky is falling.... the sky is falling

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobe Mejuwa View Post
    The sky is falling.... the sky is falling
    Revelation 6:13

Post Thanks / Like
    With all due respect, in my humble opinion the things we are going through now are not the events of Revelation 6:13. The events of today don't come close to comparing to those that will take place during the Great Tribulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Say what you want about greedy American capitalists, but I don't see anyone wanting to move to Nicaragua, Venezuela, etc. where living conditions aren't good. Sure it seems mean sometimes the way capitalists operate, but it's better than the alternative. I guess you have to be a little mean to preserve something good. It's a shame about meth head children and all the wasted lives. How do you protect people from themselves? Another sickening group are the idiotic far left protesters. It's scary to see all the overweight butch, orange hair, nose ring, tatooed slobs protesting on the wrong side of most issues. How do people spiral down to this level? Is the average IQ going down? These are the people we may have to fight to preserve our great nation.
    On a positive note, an associate in the aluminum industry says their company has unprecedented demand for extruded products. Says demand is most in 30 year history of the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Draconian measures

IMHO Drug addicts are a waste of human resources. Locking up users and small dealers just cost the tax payers, and load up the courts. My solution as I've said before, first offence, turn in your pusher, get rehab free. Second offence DIRT NAP. the drugs I'm talking about are heroin, meth, cocaine. Illegal weed, maybe caning. Many folks NEED pain medicine, and if it's legaly prescribed, no problem. I don't think public executions are necessary, just publish the obits.Dry up the users, and the dealers are out of business.But that makes sense, and we all know common sense is a rare thing now a days.