Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

barkley fish attractors for crappie

How large are the fish attractors. is it dropped brush 20' x 20' or is it just a couple bushes?

I saw someone posted that you could pull up pretty close to another boat. How close are you talking. I don't want to piss off anyone so I would like to see what other fisherman consider ok behavior. I hear the attractors are marked fairly well.

What is a stake bed and how large are they usually? Do you normally park over them or on the side of them?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Casedog

Post Thanks / Like
    The brush piles on Ky lake seemed about the size of a patio table seemed like a 8’cube. The stake beds are about 6x6x5’ tall attractor. It looks like someone just nailed about 40 to Bacchus text to a wooden pallets that are standing straight up like a Porcupine. At least on the Kentucky lake side, there were lots of really nice docs that people pad. There were a lot of really good brush piles right off of some of the dogs that look like they were set up for fishing for example if there was a cleaning station or if they were rod holders on the dock, pretty good idea if you scanned at that area you can find a brush pile or two. As far as how close to get to someone else, just keep in mind that the lake is huge and there are fish everywhere so no sense in crowding someone out , Just head on down to the next Covar the next man can find you your own spot to get away from everybody that’s part of the whole relaxing game. But you can always keep an eye on them to see if the catching anything out of that spot and you can try another spot in another area cover twice the area.
    Likes waterdog101, casedog liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley crappie

I understand a little more about lake Barkley every time I go down but you need help because the lake is so huge and is rather overwhelming, but that's what makes the adventure fun. This has been my second year and I got to see the stake beds this year. It's hard to find the some of the brush piles that they say are marked. I really appreciate all the help on the stake beds and the brush piles and understanding that there are many other brush piles all over the lake.

I just got back from my trip and we had a great time even though it snowed, got really cold and the wind blowing too hard to fish. I guess it's hard this time of the year to figure out a perfect date to go. I hear this week is supposed to be great.
    We caught 7 nice crappie and about 15 small white bass. We fished along the road with there was some rip rap but were having no luck and spotting no fish. We went under the bridge to the other side of the road where there were about 20 boats so we watched them down about 100 yards down past everyone and watched them. Some guys in a boat came buy and we started talking and they told me there was a old creek bed that was about 4 feet deeper than the 10 feet we were fishing. I asked them if they were fishing cover and they told me no one out there were fishing cover that they were just trolling slow from 6' to 14'. We ended up catching some fish and getting a hang what they were all doing.

The water temp was 55 and they said the fish will really start getting better at 62 degree. The crappie were just starting to come up from the deeper water. I might try to get down there again in about 10 days.
    We tried to get out yesterday but the wind was terrible. I didn't see anyone out.

If I go back down, ill let you know how things go.

Thanks