Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

For the first time in DECADES, I will reschedule a Trip

Man, this weekend coming up April 5, 6, 7, 8. Weather looks horrible, and I've had 3 trips down there so far. With all this past mess, and the next weekend looking like AZZ, I think the weekend after, which is calling for fantastic weather looks good.

If all the stars align, I will change it out..........

Hopefully.

Later,

Geo
    Likes MagikSmallie, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea this weekend doesn't look good for this area,it was 80 degrees yesterday and a very cool 38-40 today going into 20's tonite.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Smart move, it's going to be nasty this weekend. Lows at night are expected to be high 20s to around 32, I think. We are at least 2-3 weeks behind this year. Trees are starting to bloom a bit down here, but the water temperature is way behind where it should be.

I traveled up to my hometown of Jeffersonville for Easter and I'd say Kuttawa is a week ahead of the Falls Cities area.

Post Thanks / Like
    I scheduled to stay home this weekend and do some honey dos. I am NOT rescheduling. Ha! Looking forward to getting some things off my list so I don't feel guilty the weekends that follow. (Who am I kidding.. I wouldn't have felt guilty anyway)
    Likes GeoFisher, Wormin, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My son had some boat motor work done on his Jonboat and he went down after work yesterday to pick it up and tried it out after doing so. He put in at devils elbow and fished for about hour before dark and he caught 2 nice LM Bass one about 5lbs and one about 3lb or better. I guess the fish liked the sunny day yesterday even though it seemed really cold to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went to Chattanooga Wedmesday morning, wore short sleeves all day, DID NOT want the day to end!!! So sick of cold and rain and wind. Ive camcelled youth turkey hunts for this weekend, nothing says never doing this again for a kid like bitter cold and wet.
    Geo the fish will still be there next week 😛

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley Lake kind of

Well my son wanted to test his boat some more yesterday after work and I went with him.He decided to put in at Little River in Cadiz park and try for White Bass running up the river.With the crazy weather and all the rain this year they have been some being caught but the bite is scattered.We only had about two hours before dark and it started off slow but I ended up catching 5 ea 14" white bass and my son caught only 1 but it was big fish at almost 16" they were all nice fat fish and fought better than you would expect 1lb to 1&1/2 lb fish.We both lost a couple of fish.After this cold front this weekend I would think things should get as good as it is going to get ;next couple of weeks should be the time to be on the water.