Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Navionics+ chip / navionics app

Hey guys, I’ve got a question about the navionics + chip. I’ve updated the chip and have it in my humminbird helix unit. The issue I have is that on some lakes, Cedar Creek for example is that I have no detail of the lake, yet the navionics app I’ve got on my phone has unbelievable detail. Is this something other people are experiencing or am I doing something wrong? I really expected the chip to have at least as good of detail as the app.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just updated my app and both my chips and mine are like yours.
    Laurel lake seems better detail on my app compared to my chips as well. Not sure why

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by basshuntin View Post
    Hey guys, I’ve got a question about the navionics + chip. I’ve updated the chip and have it in my humminbird helix unit. The issue I have is that on some lakes, Cedar Creek for example is that I have no detail of the lake, yet the navionics app I’ve got on my phone has unbelievable detail. Is this something other people are experiencing or am I doing something wrong? I really expected the chip to have at least as good of detail as the app.
    Did you include that area of KY when you downloaded........I will go out and check my Navionics units right now, and give you an update.......

I have Nav+ on both of my units.....

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Did you include that area of KY when you downloaded........I will go out and check my Navionics units right now, and give you an update.......

I have Nav+ on both of my units.....

Later,

Geo
    Man, that SERIOUSLY *****..............

I have NAV + updated to 2 weeks ago, and Cedar is just a mess of Blue. I know for a FACT that was not the case a year ago.

Seems the Nav maps are effed up a little, and I'd ping Navionics and see what is up.......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Man, that SERIOUSLY *****..............

I have NAV + updated to 2 weeks ago, and Cedar is just a mess of Blue. I know for a FACT that was not the case a year ago.

Seems the Nav maps are effed up a little, and I'd ping Navionics and see what is up.......

Later,

Geo
    Something is Funkky...........the navionics web app now shows the same thing as my map.......NOTHING.

Me thinks something fishy is going on.......Maybe the site data is jacked up.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?SID=m6...y=kwvcFv%60acO

Post Thanks / Like
    Blue usually means shallow water alert. That is a setting you can change. It could be it is set to 30 ft (for example) so anything shallower than 30 would show in blue without detail.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    Blue usually means shallow water alert. That is a setting you can change. It could be it is set to 30 ft (for example) so anything shallower than 30 would show in blue without detail.
    I’ll check that but I don’t believe that’s the issue, none of the other lakes are showing like that. I’m gonna try to get with navionics and see if I can get an explanation from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by basshuntin View Post
    I’ll check that but I don’t believe that’s the issue, none of the other lakes are showing like that. I’m gonna try to get with navionics and see if I can get an explanation from them.
    That isn't the issue........the problem looks to be with the map. It looks like the BASEMAP that comes on devices when you don't pay for navionics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent an email to navionics, waiting for reply
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hotmaps Platinum

I have Hotmaps Platinum and it looks just like it did before update. I think I read that navionics changed what is on certain cards and that may be the problem. For the state of Kentucky I think that Hotmaps Platinum has the best coverage, I have a Lowrance carbon but that should not effect the map card. (Full contours)