Search Fishin.com

Thread: Guntersville

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville

Heading down to the Big G on Thursday, any of you guys been lately got any advice? I promise to provide a full report upon my return!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back about 5 days ago. First day (Saturday) was kind of slow. 38 degrees at daylight didn't help! From Sunday to Tuesday we were catching 30 or more a day. The last two days that quality was outstanding. Caught fish mostly on topwater and D-bombs. Fish made a big-time move up to spawning flats overnight that Sunday night.
    Likes MagikSmallie, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by voeller101 View Post
    Just got back about 5 days ago. First day (Saturday) was kind of slow. 38 degrees at daylight didn't help! From Sunday to Tuesday we were catching 30 or more a day. The last two days that quality was outstanding. Caught fish mostly on topwater and D-bombs. Fish made a big-time move up to spawning flats overnight that Sunday night.
    MMMMM...Topwater!!! buzzbait/Whopper Plopper style?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    MMMMM...Topwater!!! buzzbait/Whopper Plopper style?
    Rico all the way! But a buddy caught some on a zell pop (same difference). Couple of hits on a whopper plopper but they didn't seem too interested in it.
    Likes MagikSmallie, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by voeller101 View Post
    Rico all the way! But a buddy caught some on a zell pop (same difference). Couple of hits on a whopper plopper but they didn't seem too interested in it.
    I love a rico, especially just after those first few spawners come off the nest. thanks for the heads up! I'll be reporting back for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I love a rico, especially just after those first few spawners come off the nest. thanks for the heads up! I'll be reporting back for sure.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville Report

Well I'm home from Guntersville. Didn't have a great trip but there were some nice fish caught. The bass for the most part were either spawning or just about to spawn. The best pattern was a spinnerbait/Chatterbait in 5' of water with emerging hydrilla coming up to about 3'. The grass flats in the back of the major creeks seemed to produce best, I went super shallow and did find some spawners but not many. There was a brief topwater water bite and if the chatterbait or spinnerbait wasn't producing, slow dragging a texas rigged D-bomb was a good choice too. water temps had a huge variance. Creeks by the dam were in the mid 60's, the extreme shallows got as high as low 70's. Grass is growing really fast and should be a good spawning year if the water level holds right. I'll be going back down in early June to see how it fares.