Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake 4/19-4/21

My dad and I went down to KY Lake thursday thru Sunday. Thursday we were able to get on the water for maybe 3 hours and just ran over to a little spawning pocket close to where we were staying. Caught 4 or 5 and lost a couple others, all about 12-14". Friday we fished the north LBL side around all the bays. We focused on the points and channel banks with chunk rock. We had a ball and caught 56 between the two of us mostly on small jigs, senkos and jerkbaits. The problem was out of the 56 we caught only about 1 or 2 was over 15" and just barely. Saturday we figured the boat traffic from the tournaments would be an issue but it wasn't too bad. We only caught 37 or so and again almost all of them were 12-14" except one 17" LM first thing in the morning. Sunday we decided to take advantage of the Moors breakfast buffet and load up and go home. I'm coming back down for a tournament this weekend so if any of you know where the keepers are...help a brother out haha. All in all it was a great time and is always great to spend more time with my father doing what we love to do!
    Likes GeoFisher, fishincreek, roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    My dad and I went down to KY Lake thursday thru Sunday. Thursday we were able to get on the water for maybe 3 hours and just ran over to a little spawning pocket close to where we were staying. Caught 4 or 5 and lost a couple others, all about 12-14". Friday we fished the north LBL side around all the bays. We focused on the points and channel banks with chunk rock. We had a ball and caught 56 between the two of us mostly on small jigs, senkos and jerkbaits. The problem was out of the 56 we caught only about 1 or 2 was over 15" and just barely. Saturday we figured the boat traffic from the tournaments would be an issue but it wasn't too bad. We only caught 37 or so and again almost all of them were 12-14" except one 17" LM first thing in the morning. Sunday we decided to take advantage of the Moors breakfast buffet and load up and go home. I'm coming back down for a tournament this weekend so if any of you know where the keepers are...help a brother out haha. All in all it was a great time and is always great to spend more time with my father doing what we love to do!
    THANSK for the report.......

I'm headed down thursday, and hope to pound on those sows that are just beginning to move up. Thanks for sore mouthing all those bucks .
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Sounds like a better trip then I had on Barkley. My buddy and I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on North Barkley and we struggled. Big time. Only had three fish, total, all three days. Threw everything I could think of at them in multiple areas and couldn't get bit. Three other boats we fished with had similar results. I'll chalk it up to the fact that I'm a horrible fisherman because Barkley isn't THAT bad, is it?!?!

Also, good luck on your tournament this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    Sounds like a better trip then I had on Barkley. My buddy and I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on North Barkley and we struggled. Big time. Only had three fish, total, all three days. Threw everything I could think of at them in multiple areas and couldn't get bit. Three other boats we fished with had similar results. I'll chalk it up to the fact that I'm a horrible fisherman because Barkley isn't THAT bad, is it?!?!

I kept telling my dad, you know it could be a lot worse. instead of catching all these small bass we could be catching no bass!! Sorry for the bum trip for you. Both of those lakes have been fishing strange this spring. I truly think it has everything to do with the weather and water levels/temps. It'll be alright and get back on track!

Post Thanks / Like
    Magiksmallie,

We flipped bushes all day on Saturday and caught 3 keepers. The biggest was 3.4lbs. It was pretty slow and I know they are drawing the water down this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    THANSK for the report.......

I'm headed down thursday, and hope to pound on those sows that are just beginning to move up. Thanks for sore mouthing all those bucks .
    Headed to Barkley Thursday myself.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heading to KY Lake (Paris Landing) this Friday through Sunday and will report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post

I've been to the twins 4 times this spring and I've caught very few fish on north barkley. Maybe a dozen or so. I've not caught any on South barkley yet.

I'm headed down next weekend, and will hit south thursday for a sniff, and maybe north thursday for a sniff, and then if those sniffs don't feel "good", no BARKLEY for you.......and I will fish fri, sat, sun on KY.

Let hope...........I love north barkley .

Post Thanks / Like

Me too!

Geo, I absolutely love north Barkley!! Hope you kill em!