Search Fishin.com

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing new

You do realize this isn't the first time? They have allowed big high school/youth tournaments to keep anything 12 inches. I can't believe people are actually mad and think this will be much worst on the lake vs a normal size limit. There were alot of limits last year also either way fish are going to be caught and weighed in, there were just fewer spotted bass (also spawning) and more large mouth and smallmouth, and alot those were keepers anyway. I'm not going to say anymore it's funny to me more anything that you guys don't have more common sense.

As far as showcasing the lake there's several reasons. I liked watching coverage on the lake learning how they fished it so anytime I can see tournaments on lakes I fish or similar lakes it's a bonus. Also it helps the economy around the lake and this tournament won't bring people from all over like guntersville with its 100lb sacks it will just be a little bonus. If the 4000 acre lake up the road produced alot of monster bass it might be a different story. That's my 2 cents anyway fell free to disagree.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not mad about the size change. I just lost a tad more respect than what little I already had for those FLW guys. If you can't put a few 15" LM or 18" SM along with a couple of spots together for a bag in the spring, you shouldn't be earning money in a club tournament, much less fishing in a major league. And as far as learning techniques, that's pretty laughable as well. You can bring some shiny new deal to Cumberland and it may work a time or two, but at the end of the day, all you need are a few really basic baits and fishing off the right side of the boat at the right time to catch bass on Cumberland.

As for pulling bass off the beds, we aren't close enough to even continue a logical discussion.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    I'm not mad about the size change. I just lost a tad more respect than what little I already had for those FLW guys. If you can't put a few 15" LM or 18" SM along with a couple of spots together for a bag in the spring, you shouldn't be earning money in a club tournament, much less fishing in a major league. And as far as learning techniques, that's pretty laughable as well. You can bring some shiny new deal to Cumberland and it may work a time or two, but at the end of the day, all you need are a few really basic baits and fishing off the right side of the boat at the right time to catch bass on Cumberland.

As for pulling bass off the beds, we aren't close enough to even continue a logical discussion.
    You lost respect for the flw???? Do you think the pros got together and signed a petition to use 12 in fish? They had nothing to do with it and last year they did fine.

The fact you think I watch tournament coverage just to learn a shiny new bait shows we can't carry a logical discussion on that either.

Honestly no point trying for any logical discussion.
    Likes Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    You lost respect for the flw???? Do you think the pros got together and signed a petition to use 12 in fish? They had nothing to do with it and last year they did fine.

The fact you think I watch tournament coverage just to learn a shiny new bait shows we can't carry a logical discussion on that either.

Honestly no point trying for any logical discussion.
    They had EVERYTHING to do with it. There was a unanimous discontent with the number of "short" fish they had to wade through last year. There was no petition that i know of but there was definitely lobbyung going on.
    And as far as common sense goes, i wont argue that one, maybe i dont have as much common sense as the next guy, but as far as lake cumberland goes, ive already spent more hours on it this year than you will all year long. So go have your logical discussion with someone else, i know what the zzzz im talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me apologize for how that reply came across...what i meant to say was bless your heart, and i welcome and respect your point of view. Ok , the high road for me lol.
    Seriiously, when i read it it was disrepectful and i didnt mean it that way. Have a good day and tight lines
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries stripernut. Nobody likes putting back 3lb bass in a tournament so im sure they was dissapointment in the regs. But ky fish and wildlife is doing the study in several tournaments and some are on cave run so it's not just something they are doing this tournament so I don't see how they were the driving force behind it.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries stripernut. Nobody likes putting back 3lb bass in a tournament so im sure they was dissapointment in the regs. But ky fish and wildlife is doing the study in several tournaments and some are on cave run so it's not just something they are doing this tournament so I don't see how they were the driving force behind it.
    Were are you getting your info?

Post Thanks / Like
    You do realize this isn't the first time? They have allowed big high school/youth tournaments to keep anything 12 inches. I can't believe people are actually mad and think this will be much worst on the lake vs a normal size limit. There were alot of limits last year also either way fish are going to be caught and weighed in, there were just fewer spotted bass (also spawning) and more large mouth and smallmouth, and alot those were keepers anyway. I'm not going to say anymore it's funny to me more anything that you guys don't have more common sense.
    Common sense would dictate that state fishing regulations should apply equally to everyone, not just the folks who don't elect to fish in some meaningless tournament.
    Likes buickfan70, stripernut1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Were are you getting your info?
    Not to be smart but ALMOST everywhere on the internet you can find out the facts. I do question where some who I use to follow closely gets their info! Geo, you should really research this a bit more.

This thread is a joke, full of misinformation and even less truth. Apparently you are capable of accessing the internet, I'd suggest all of the opposed to actually get the facts before Removing any doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Not to be smart but ALMOST everywhere on the internet you can find out the facts. I do question where some who I use to follow closely gets their info! Geo, you should really research this a bit more.

This thread is a joke, full of misinformation and even less truth. Apparently you are capable of accessing the internet, I'd suggest all of the opposed to actually get the facts before Removing any doubt.
    And so far without ANY specific data or links to said information your post is identixal to all the other posts/replies.
    And maybe its a "joke" to you....and once again that is YOUR opinion. Have a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post

Research what?

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, here..
    https://www.flwfishing.com/news/2018...-at-cumberland

“Tournaments are good for the area, and we get several requests for lower size limits,” she continues. “But we don’t have any information on how the lower size limits could impact the lake, so as part of the study, we will look at two spring and two fall tournaments on Lake Cumberland and also Cave Run Lake. We will be monitoring fish mortality during the [Tour] tournament and for one week following the release of the fish. We’ll do that by going to each release site and carefully surveying the area.”

So people fishing tournaments have asked to lower the size limits. That is exactly what has been insinuated and discussed in this thread. If the FLW was against the change, its really easy for tourneys to install their own rules as long as they do not conflict with local regulations.