Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dewey report 4/15

I fished a little tournament there Sunday 730-230. Water temps were upper 50s mostly. Lake was very stained and muddy towards the dam area. Bigger fish were moving into pockets and Creek arms I had 3 keepers 9.5 or and bf 4.5 all in pockets or bigger creeks between dicks ck and Marina. The water was best quality in the middle part of lake. All caught on shallow crankbaits. I noticed alot guys using spinnerbaits but I think the pressure hurt them. There were 3 tournaments going on plus what pressure it received Saturday. I also had 10 or so short fish.
    Likes jlperk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished here today for the first time and we struggled. Caught one keeper on a spinner bait. Also learned that the ramp on 304 i believe is terrible. Concrete dock with fat welfare ***** cat fishing on the dock and their beater sitting almost on the ramp. I had to tell them pretty much to move their lines. Any help on the lake would be appreciated. Also hit paintsville and caught 6 with one around 4.5. First time on paintsville as well. Oh water still stained and around 60 this evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter215 View Post
    Fished here today for the first time and we struggled. Caught one keeper on a spinner bait. Also learned that the ramp on 304 i believe is terrible. Concrete dock with fat welfare ***** cat fishing on the dock and their beater sitting almost on the ramp. I had to tell them pretty much to move their lines. Any help on the lake would be appreciated. Also hit paintsville and caught 6 with one around 4.5. First time on paintsville as well. Oh water still stained and around 60 this evening.
    I caught a dozen out of paintsville the week before in a little tournament finished 3rd out of 25. I had 2 over 15in and lost another good fish but it was alot colder then. I don't know much about Dewey or paintsville same pattern worked on both lakes crank laydowns, beaver huts or any wood in pockets.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents

I fish on the docks and been hitting largemouth bass on black and red rattletraps and caught a couple on yellow and red walmart $1 buzzbaits. Also I been catching channel catfish and craps on hot dogs with and without cherry koolaid and garlic powder.