Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help deciding which should be a better week?

I know everyone is dealing with this crazy weather. But trying to figure out if we should move a yearly fun trip back? We go every year to Barkley to do our best to time a bush bite. This year is scheduled for May4-11th. Going south Barkley the first part to avoid BASS elite series in Paris, then finish up north barkley. But since water temps are so low would holding off a week or 3 be better. I know this is FLW as well the 17th-21. So would be having to start north then go south closer to tournament time. Reason is I don't want to go shaky head and crank lead in's all week if it meant just staying home for a week or so. Thoughts Please? Appreciate it! God Bless and tight lines!
    Likes Richmann, onthewater108 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

never mind

No replies but going anyway. Water is coming up this week hope fish and heat come with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Go next week if your going to Barkley. Caught four fish over 4# this weekend. Only had seven bites in four days in bushes, but they were all dandys
    Likes swimjigboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be good. Fish started moving up with the heavy rains here on Sunday with the low pressure center overhead. Tournament out of Paris on Kentucky yesterday had 22 bags over 20lbs. Rained again today and we have gotten 4 inches of rain plus in past 2 days. Lakes are on the rise, both lakes currently one foot over summer pool and in the bushes. Projected to go 2.5 feet over summer pool this week. Hopefully they won't pull it down for your trip.

The only question is what shape the water will be on Barkley when you get here with all this rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    You should be good. Fish started moving up with the heavy rains here on Sunday with the low pressure center overhead. Tournament out of Paris on Kentucky yesterday had 22 bags over 20lbs. Rained again today and we have gotten 4 inches of rain plus in past 2 days. Lakes are on the rise, both lakes currently one foot over summer pool and in the bushes. Projected to go 2.5 feet over summer pool this week. Hopefully they won't pull it down for your trip.

The only question is what shape the water will be on Barkley when you get here with all this rain.
    Hoping it stays up and is just on a slow fall on May 4th-12. Last year they pulled the plug and it took to long for it to recover. It was Wednesday before the lake recovered flooded started to warm. They came in but too much water scattered them a little too much, but it was fun! Dad and I will going south Barkley to help avoid B.A.S.S. elite traffic. Thanks for help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joey heller View Post
    Go next week if your going to Barkley. Caught four fish over 4# this weekend. Only had seven bites in four days in bushes, but they were all dandys
    Thanks for help. We are headed down may 4th-12. Hopefully pitching bushes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post

Man, I hope they leave it for a few days.......just my luck. All my trips this year have had jacked up water. I'm headed down Thurs, Sun. And then next Thurs-Sun.

Later,

geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my dad will be down this weekend for a Saturday-Tuesday trip. Definitely hope the keep the water up so we can flip bushes the entire trip.