Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake Kincaid

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Kincaid

Anybody fished Kincaid latley or know what the water will be like after the rain this week plan on going there this coming weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not been lately.
    But I would think, if the rain stops Tuesday the weekend would be good. Water color should be okay. Some really good fish swimming in that lake. Just hard to get any consistancy on the bite. For me anyways.
    Good luck. Report back.
    Thanks
    BB1

Post Thanks / Like
    I will give a report thanks hard lake to fish but that is where I caught my largest bass of my fishing experience so far it was 24 inches long didn't know how much it weight was I figured about 6 lb caught it on turkey Creek root beer colored crank bait 95 degrees at 1pm in a small batch of shade on the water

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck. I have a 7 from kinkaid. They are in there.
    Mine was at night. Should be a great weekend for big fish.

BB1

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Friday super windy cold front I couldn't catch a cold talked to a guy he caught 1 4 pounds fished Sunday for only about 2 hours caught 1 about 21/2 lbs at the swimming hole guy behind me caught a 4 lb broke my new diawa trillion rod got mad and went back to the camper I did talk to several people that were down there and they said the place was on fire Thursday several 4 and 5 pound fish we're caught still say Kentucky record is in that lake going to take chartreuse colored dynamite to get it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    Fished Friday super windy cold front I couldn't catch a cold talked to a guy he caught 1 4 pounds fished Sunday for only about 2 hours caught 1 about 21/2 lbs at the swimming hole guy behind me caught a 4 lb broke my new diawa trillion rod got mad and went back to the camper I did talk to several people that were down there and they said the place was on fire Thursday several 4 and 5 pound fish we're caught still say Kentucky record is in that lake going to take chartreuse colored dynamite to get it
    Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear about the Daiwa.
    What was the water clarity? And did you get a water temp?
    State record, i don’t know. But I do believe there are double digit bass in that lake.
    BB1

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an awesome lake for big bass in the 4-7 range but it doesn't compare to Eastern mountain lakes for true trophy bass. 7s are common on clear deep Eastern lakes and fish in the 8-9 are caught all the time. Not saying anything negative about the lake but the bass in most of the state don't get as big as they do in clear deep lakes with trout. But for numbers of bass and consistent action your better off on lakes like Kincaid or lakes West of I-75 in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know of 2 bass caught over 10 lbs. I know I have hooked one over 8 or even bigger about two years ago. I got it to side of boat 3 times. I would have caught it if I wasn't the only one in the boat, no net man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water temp on surface was 58 water slightly stained not to bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    Water temp on surface was 58 water slightly stained not to bad
    Thank you Sir. And good fishing. Be safe

BB1

Post Thanks / Like

Kincaid Lake

Fished Kincaid this past Sunday. H&H Bass Club had a tournament there from 7 am to 3 pm. It was 30 degrees to start the morning, but warmed up nice by the afternoon. I had 3 fish for 9.9 lbs. to win the tournament. Should have had 16 lbs., but lost two at the boat. No small fish at all. All caught on spinner baits. Off to Barren River Lake this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NKYbasser View Post
    Fished Kincaid this past Sunday. H&H Bass Club had a tournament there from 7 am to 3 pm. It was 30 degrees to start the morning, but warmed up nice by the afternoon. I had 3 fish for 9.9 lbs. to win the tournament. Should have had 16 lbs., but lost two at the boat. No small fish at all. All caught on spinner baits. Off to Barren River Lake this weekend.
    Thanks basser. And congrats. Good luck at Barren. Be safe.
    BB1