Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake 04/27-04/28

Fished KY Lake Fri and Saturday. Stayed south of the 68/80 Bridge but north of Paris. Friday I found plenty of fish, some quality 3-4lbers hanging in the bushes and cyprus trees in the backs of the creeks and bays. My best bait was a texas rigged creature bait. What I like about those is that you can flip them into shallow bushes just as easily as you can cast them out to a deep point, so versatile. As many of you know, I'm a kayak angler, so I don't get to run around and hit as many spots as someone in a bass boat. I prefer to work an area over thoroughly. I fished the back of a major creek on Friday and shook off many bites that I would try and save for Saturday.

Saturday finally rolled around and I was on the water at 5:15am long before the sun came up and long before the bass boat tournaments turned loose, I was treated to an unbelievable near full moon setting in the west across the lake. The bite was on from the first cast. I caught lots of dinks and small non keepers flipping bushes and cyprus trees. As the day went on the shallow bush bite died all together and fish had pulled out to deeper cyprus trees and off the 2nd points. I caught several nice bass including one monster that measured 23". She looked all spawned out, with a skinny belly and bloody tail. This fish should have weighed in the 6-7lb range but was closer to 5-3/4. Water temps hit 64-65 and I still have yet to see a bass on the nest this year. Lots of bucks shallow and I'm confused if they are pre spawn, post spawn or maybe both? I attached a pic of the big fish. I was fishing a kayak tournament and got 3rd place out of 83 and also big fish for the tournament, thanks for all the help you guys give me! Hopefully my report will help some of you in return.

Here is a link to a video of the 23" too: https://www.facebook.com/JayWallenFi...1445643582828/

www.jaywallenfishing.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31487880_1831595090234550_7688506019065871787_n.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	16680  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Fished KY Lake Fri and Saturday. Stayed south of the 68/80 Bridge but north of Paris. Friday I found plenty of fish, some quality 3-4lbers hanging in the bushes and cyprus trees in the backs of the creeks and bays. My best bait was a texas rigged creature bait. What I like about those is that you can flip them into shallow bushes just as easily as you can cast them out to a deep point, so versatile. As many of you know, I'm a kayak angler, so I don't get to run around and hit as many spots as someone in a bass boat. I prefer to work an area over thoroughly. I fished the back of a major creek on Friday and shook off many bites that I would try and save for Saturday.

Saturday finally rolled around and I was on the water at 5:15am long before the sun came up and long before the bass boat tournaments turned loose, I was treated to an unbelievable near full moon setting in the west across the lake. The bite was on from the first cast. I caught lots of dinks and small non keepers flipping bushes and cyprus trees. As the day went on the shallow bush bite died all together and fish had pulled out to deeper cyprus trees and off the 2nd points. I caught several nice bass including one monster that measured 23". She looked all spawned out, with a skinny belly and bloody tail. This fish should have weighed in the 6-7lb range but was closer to 5-3/4. Water temps hit 64-65 and I still have yet to see a bass on the nest this year. Lots of bucks shallow and I'm confused if they are pre spawn, post spawn or maybe both? I attached a pic of the big fish. I was fishing a kayak tournament and got 3rd place out of 83 and also big fish for the tournament, thanks for all the help you guys give me! Hopefully my report will help some of you in return.

Here is a link to a video of the 23" too: https://www.facebook.com/JayWallenFi...1445643582828/

www.jaywallenfishing.com
    Man, we struggled quite a bit this weekend.......

We caught 30-40 fish a day, with a few keepers each day, but we never found that deeper cypress tree bite. I heard that it was going on.

We caught good fish early, but could never find them when they moved out a little.....

Still fun though.

We also caught some big ones that were bloodied up a little.

Funky year this year . I sure need that square bill to get going .

Was that you back in smith fishing around a 19 ft tracker with 3 guys in it......... I thought it might be you .

Later,

Geo
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Man, we struggled quite a bit this weekend.......

We caught 30-40 fish a day, with a few keepers each day, but we never found that deeper cypress tree bite. I heard that it was going on.

We caught good fish early, but could never find them when they moved out a little.....

Still fun though.

We also caught some big ones that were bloodied up a little.

Funky year this year . I sure need that square bill to get going .

Was that you back in smith fishing around a 19 ft tracker with 3 guys in it......... I thought it might be you .

Later,

Geo
    No, I wanted to fish Smith, Duncan or Sugar but with the 200 boat tourney out of the dam, 150 boats out of Moors, I figured I'd be better off heading south. Its been an odd year, I still think MOST of the fish are pre-spawn, with the full moon and 80 degree temps this week they HAVE to be getting close. I think some fish down south have spawned, but its sure been an off year. I'm looking forward to the ledge bite, that is usually consistent LOL. I did hear a rumor there was some good topwater action early going on down south.