Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Striper Night Bite

I am debating to head to Cumberland sometime in the next few days. It is a pretty good drive for me so I was just wondering if anyone is catching and Striper's at night. I have heard the lake is pretty trashy. All input is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Nite Bite

Water temp has just gotten to around 58 on dam end of lake. Have been about every 3 or 4 nights in past 3 weeks. Shad not spawning yet, hear some 1 night but maybe none other nights. Very slow right now. Have been catching some walleye but no stripers. Maybe some warm rain this weekend might help but probable not worth a long drive just yet.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody got a report on what the area around the dam looks like, was around Conley Bottom the other day and it was horrible. Figured it has probably all made it way down to the dam by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still alot of trash and big trees from mouth of beaver and otter to dam. Have to take your time getting thru it. Most holes are full of small trash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in dam, Indian and beaver and otter areas saturday and sunday last weekend. Water was basically free of debris and I was running 20 at night without worry with full moon light. I guess the debris can change hourly with wind and current. I had to adjust some boards every now and then to avoid some debris. I didn't consider it a problem. Water color is clearing up too. Water was 58. Fishing was bad for us.

I didn't hear anything interesting in the dark as far as night fishin goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    The debris was terrible this morning at first light from jamestown to the mouth of indian. Then at 10am it was patchy with plenty of clear lanes to run on plane. We did hear 2 different bass boats hit big stuff that sounded pretty bad, one boat never did start the big motor again as far as we know, another boat pulled up to them 15 mins later so i guess they got towed back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put in at the dam at 8 in the morning, And ran over to Indian and seen a lot of the debris like people talking about but when the wind got up and there some waves out there that's when you had to be careful that's when you couldn't see the logs that were in the water. My graphs were showing 60 degree water temp on average and I was fishing for bass and only caught 2 spotted bass.

Post Thanks / Like
    there Thus night you could almost cross the lake in wolf creek and not get your feet wet, no fish busting the surface a couple small walleye but no striper bite, very trashy no way I would have felt safe running anywhere