Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What the market will bear

If you don't like high gasoline prices, don't buy it! But if you want entertainment, or leisure then pay for it. You don't NEED a 19 ft fibre glass boat and a 4 wheel trailer to go fishing, but if you want it, go for it.These are choices and freedoms we have, but the greatest freedom we have, is to sit down and birch about something we have no control over. It happens! So stop and think, do I spend now, and ignore the future. or cut back now and yearn later? I've never seen a brinks truck in funeral procession, or a string of lawyers at a paupers funeral.Even that old saying" no one lives forever" has been changed with advances in medical science. IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    If you don't like high gasoline prices, don't buy it! But if you want entertainment, or leisure then pay for it. You don't NEED a 19 ft fibre glass boat and a 4 wheel trailer to go fishing, but if you want it, go for it.These are choices and freedoms we have, but the greatest freedom we have, is to sit down and birch about something we have no control over. It happens! So stop and think, do I spend now, and ignore the future. or cut back now and yearn later? I've never seen a brinks truck in funeral procession, or a string of lawyers at a paupers funeral.Even that old saying" no one lives forever" has been changed with advances in medical science. IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.
    Well said! Great time to buy a more gas efficient aluminum boat http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...aluminum-boats

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Double edged sword...........while I completely understand your sentiment, I definitely don't want to outlive my savings.

I will continue to have "fun" and spend what I can, but I will continue to save until the day I retire......and then hopefully , I will then travel the world with my wife.......who knows......

I can afford a whole lot more than I do now. I could easily go out and buy a new boat and truck. might hurt a little, but not bad, but why? My current boat and Truck do just fine, and the 1000/month I'd pay in payments for those two toys sure ain't worth that.....

Like I said, I don't know........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Moveon;568633]My point is that we need to get the price of gas lower now. We can't afford to be paying $3 or $4 a gallon for gas these days.[/QUOTE
    you don’t need to do anything, we have a president that is working on the gas prices....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank Trump for the $3 per gallon gas? Ok..... Did you thank Obama for the $4 per gallon gas?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    could we all be dreaming gas prices are higher, when they really are cheaper, the president of the us thinks gas is cheaper under his watch, and would like it to get cheaper, here is his tweet on gas prices. 764A1E34-E2B2-4592-9B7E-F47833A87292.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Obama worked to lower gas prices not raise them

Quote Originally Posted by Jkratzwald View Post
    Thank Trump for the $3 per gallon gas? Ok..... Did you thank Obama for the $4 per gallon gas?
    Obama was not invested in Oil like the Bushes who pushed to get the price of oil higher. When Obama was finished with his 8 years the price of gas was below $2/gal.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/02/news...gas/index.html

I don't make this stuff up. Gas prices have been climbing higher ever since Trump got into the White House. Now his tarrif proposals and his talk about killing the Iran deal are making the oil industry nervous. Oil Price are climbing due to these tarrif talks and talk of doing away the the Iran deal. Mean while we who have to buy gas every week are paying out the wazo for gas again.

Already at $4.00 in certain parts of SOCAL. Just ridiculous!
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Trump Impacts Diesel Industry too

Here's an interesting piece covering Trump's impact on the diesel industry as well: http://www.impcorporation.com/blog/how-trump-is-impacting-the-diesel-industry-2

-DB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Obama was not invested in Oil like the Bushes who pushed to get the price of oil higher. When Obama was finished with his 8 years the price of gas was below $2/gal.
    Guess we'll just have to wait until President Trump get's done with his 8 years to compare
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the most i’ve Ever payed for gas in my life, on my dream road trip and I’m glad I own a Toyota Prius Hybird,
    California gas, 9E78275E-B3BE-4A2A-A43E-821CE47AB47B.jpg9E78275E-B3BE-4A2A-A43E-821CE47AB47B.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    This is the most i’ve Ever payed for gas in my life, on my dream road trip and I’m glad I own a Toyota Prius Hybird,
    California gas, 9E78275E-B3BE-4A2A-A43E-821CE47AB47B.jpg9E78275E-B3BE-4A2A-A43E-821CE47AB47B.jpg
    That is due to CALIFORNIA and Democrats..........no other reason, PERIOD.....

Gasoline has actually dropped over 20 cents and nearly 30 cents in some places around here, just as I SAID it would .

Later,

Geo