Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland striper advice

Would anyone be willing to share some advice on stripers for this week? I have only fished for them a few times and am looking to catch a few with my dad. Most of the striper reports are a week or two old. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Buzzy

River or lake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    River or lake?
    Was planning on lake but river is also an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cast along the banks with jointed thundersticks beginning about 10 PM.
    Likes aceoky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to try them at night, look for bluff walls where the river channel comes in close to the bank. red fin, jointed thunder stick, sliver, and bucktails are the preferred lures. You want the lure to hit within 2 feet of the bank, preferably closer. You can get in pretty tight to the bank if you keep the trolling motor on a very low speed and make casts parallel to the bank. Alewifes should be come up around 11 PM or so, stripers soon to follow. If you are not hearing bait, hit another bank.
    Likes waterdog101, fishincreek, aceoky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    are you set up for live bait? or are you wantint to cast for them at night, dawn, dusk? which end of the lake will you be staying at?
    all these questions matter as the answers will probably be evry different.
    p.m. me and i will help you if i can

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    are you set up for live bait? or are you wantint to cast for them at night, dawn, dusk? which end of the lake will you be staying at?
    all these questions matter as the answers will probably be evry different.
    p.m. me and i will help you if i can
    I am staying near conley bottom but planned on.fishing near the dam if needed. My dad is older and the night fishing would be too much. I could fish either dawn or dusk. I am set up.to troll live bait but have little experience catching alewives. I will try to figure out how to pm you. I appreciate all the advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat1 View Post
    I am staying near conley bottom but planned on.fishing near the dam if needed. My dad is older and the night fishing would be too much. I could fish either dawn or dusk. I am set up.to troll live bait but have little experience catching alewives. I will try to figure out how to pm you. I appreciate all the advice.
    I just got back Sunday. If the dock will let you, hang a bright light from the side of the dock over night. We came down around 4am. Try to do it in a slip, that way you can get on both sides. Drop the net and you should get plenty. We caught most in Otter. Just inside. Get there before day light. We were fishing 10 to 15 feet. Also seen individuals service, had a few hit the lure but missed them.

Post Thanks / Like

Striper

We went lastnight & caught a few on both slivers & redfins on the lower end of the lake, but one around 8 to 9 lb. was dead before the hook was out. They're definitley a blast to catch, but i'm done with them myself as soon as the water gets to warm since i always release them, but if someone's eating them i totally understand that too. It was around midnight before they came up.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripper fishing — help

Could somebody share with me if the strippers are on the main lake or still transitioning between the creeks and main lakes? I am interested in pulling boards Saturday morning taking my son-in-law and his father (first time stripper fishing),so I am hoping they have a good time. I haven’t been fishing since winter, so I am lost where to start. Look at my previous posts—I try to share my fishing reports to help others. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went out Sat. starting on the mouth of Wolfe Creek but did not see anything. Several people where fishing in the general area. Later fished from the mouth of Lily Creek to the first long point without any luck. Looked like the Dead Sea on my fish finder—nothing showing.