Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

A few Barkley redear from this morning

Big fish was a stud, 1lb 13oz pie plate!! Caught these on the North end of Barkley in 2ft of water around button bushes, on redworms. It should be good the next few days leading into the new moon. Then it should be good again at the end of May for the full moon. It's an exciting time for a panfisherman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180510_141035.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	16762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180510_131028.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	16763  

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice fish! My son, a couple of grandkids,and I will be fishing on Barkley this weekend and hope to get some nice shellcrackers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that looks good.........I'm hoping to harvest a few next weekend and maybe the next after.

Cannot WAIT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I hope you all can catch some nice ones!! The darn things are hard to locate, that's the really big problem. Once you catch one, stay there for at least 15 minutes and try to cultivate a bite.

We went back to our little spot this morning and the bite was different. I caught a nice redear but it was pregnant and I let it go. It seems like every time I let a big female go, the bite suddenly shuts off. Anyway, we caught two or three juvenile redears that I let go and we decided to leave and fish another area...MISTAKE. We went back to our little spot and these two guys were anchored up really tight to it. They've been on it for 4 hours...I'm sick, I know they probably caught those big hammerhead redear that we were on yesterday. I didn't have patience this morning and it cost me.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you know where hillmans ferry campground is on the land between the two lakes, there is a boat ramp that lunches into ky lake, as you are leaving the boat ramp looking out at ky lake, there is a old rock quarry on your right side, get inside the old guard and fish the rock walls on the left side as you inter the gusty, I haven’t fished that place in several years, but a tube of crickets and a pfleuger ultralite and have some fun.
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post