Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finally went to Willisburg....

First time there, and either I forgot how to fish or it was just a bad day. Either way, it coulda been called the Dead Sea yesterday. I started at the upper end and worked my way through a large potion of the lake and ended in the cove closest to the marina. Tried spinnerbaits, cranks, beavers, soft plastic Rage Craws and even a 5” Senko. Nadda!!!
    Looks like there oughtta be bass in there, from the cover, rip rap, grass, etc. However, after yesterday, I can’t prove it! Lol
    I think I’m gonna go back with my son and chase channel cat there soon. If anyone has had any success or can point me in the right direction for catfish there, I’d appreciate it.
    Have an awesome weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvrgiveup View Post
    First time there, and either I forgot how to fish or it was just a bad day. Either way, it coulda been called the Dead Sea yesterday. I started at the upper end and worked my way through a large potion of the lake and ended in the cove closest to the marina. Tried spinnerbaits, cranks, beavers, soft plastic Rage Craws and even a 5” Senko. Nadda!!!
    Looks like there oughtta be bass in there, from the cover, rip rap, grass, etc. However, after yesterday, I can’t prove it! Lol
    I think I’m gonna go back with my son and chase channel cat there soon. If anyone has had any success or can point me in the right direction for catfish there, I’d appreciate it.
    Have an awesome weekend!
    i’ve never Fished it but drove past it a couple times, it does look like good fishing, the bass could be nesting, I know on laurel river lake, when they are nesting, I can’t get a hit on anything.