Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Cumberland this weekend

I’m heading to Cumberland this weekend and going to try and catch some stripes. I will be launching out of Wolf Creek and was wondering how the fishing is going and about where to look for the bait, I will throw a net. I haven’t been out since the 1st of April so right now I’m kinda of lost on where to look for the bait and how far down to drop a light, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lpc5860 View Post
    I’m heading to Cumberland this weekend and going to try and catch some stripes. I will be launching out of Wolf Creek and was wondering how the fishing is going and about where to look for the bait, I will throw a net. I haven’t been out since the 1st of April so right now I’m kinda of lost on where to look for the bait and how far down to drop a light, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    I netted some nice alewives up that way last Sunday basically across the main lake from the mouth of wolf creek because it is more flat over there and an anchor will hold. I was in about 50' of water. Other depths plus or minus 20 may work too. Just look on your graph for bait that is showing from about the surface to ten or fifteen feet as you idle around with your big motor looking for a spot to anchor. From now through the rest of the summer I'll just look for most convenient spot on the main lake for where I want to fish that an anchor will hold, is out of the wind and has the bottom depth needed for that time period and I figure that out the night before.

I have a hydroglo and it was 2 feet under the surface. It took about 30 minutes for the graph to look really good and yellow.

Good luck. You will probably do fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at my map and I guess flat is a relative term down there over across from Wolf.

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you do last weekend? Headed down this weekend and was wondering what the bite was like.