Search Fishin.com

Thread: Snakes

Post Thanks / Like

Snakes

Hey all! A buddy and I fished a tournament out of Burnside on Lake Cumberland this past Saturday (5/12). We saw probably 30-40 snakes, most of which were swimming right alongside the bank, but we had 2 swim towards the boat, and 1 of those 2 attempt to crawl up the motor onto the boat and had to swat it off with a fishing rod, and then start the big motor and get outta there. I hate snakes, always had a phobia of them, so Saturday wasn't the most enjoyable fishing trip for me, I had a hard time concentrating on fishing, because I was always looking to see where the next snake would be, they were everywhere...... I know this isn't normal, I have fished Cumberland probably 200-300 times, and fish 1-2 tourneys a month on it, and I've never seen anything like this before. Usually don't see any at all. At first I thought, maybe it's because the was water is up higher than normal and it's washed them out off the bank, but then I thought it couldn't be that, because the water has been up all spring, even higher than it was Saturday, and I've fished all spring and hadn't seen one until all the ones I saw Saturday. I wonder, do they have like a mating season where they get really active or what? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they are mating
    Likes slamson71 liked this post