Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Leader at Kentucky Lake FLW event quits this morning!!

Randy Haynes, day one and day two leader of the Ky Lake FLW tourney, quit this morning. Apparently Haynes and Jason Lambert were in 1st and 2nd place going into today and they had a disagreement on the water.

They pulled up on the exact same spot after racing up the lake to get to it. The video shows them literally bumping into each other's boats!!!

Guys, I'm not a bass fisherman, but behavior like this is what's giving bass folks a very bad name. This is pitiful, wonder if he will lose sponsorships over this stunt? Kentucky is 150k-180k thousand acres and they're swapping paint!!?

Post Thanks / Like
    One could call it a disagreement but it was not a big blow out deal. These two guys are personal friends and have known each other for 20 plus years and they did disagree but it was not a blow out. If you know the backstory to what happened on that exact same spot from day 1 and 2 it will make things more clear as to why Haynes went to the house. If you watch the first 10 minutes of this video it will give a clear picture of what happened.

https://youtu.be/QXNjeWTw7QY

Interesting note...Lambert brought in 30 lb 8 oz on day three after Haynes left the spot. Lambert is in the lead by 19+ pounds...he could probably quit fishing tomorrow and still win with that kind of a lead.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad all around

This is what it has become. I love it down here, and am only now starting to do the ledge stuff. Today up north, there were boats on every ledge I knew about. I didn't pull up on a single one, opting to fish other stuff. While I did not catch a bunch We had 1 solid bag of keepers at about 15lbs, and were starting another bag.

We finally found some fish on points in about 10-12 ft of water.

I also thought the fish we were catching were spawners, as a lot were worn out on their tails.

Interesting year, that is for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Backstory? I think you're choosing to downplay what happened, R19. The guy's the LEADER of the tournament with BIG money on the line and he pulls this stunt??

This is a very, very bad look.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really see it as a stunt but I do respect your opinion. The reason a person might look at what I said as being downplayed is because I see it as a disagreement between two friends who happen to be fishing at a high level event. It was not two blind strangers who had a loud verbal argument that ended in physical contact...and for the record I never did imply nor did I say that I thought either angler was right or wrong. I merely think it's not a big blow out deal. Newsworthy yes but not major newsworthy. It was a disagreement between two friends that unfortunately happened to be filmed live and 125K on the line.

To me the time Ish Monroe had a verbal confrontation with Keith Poche and Ish jumped from his boat into Poche's boat shoving Poche out of his boat onto another boat was a bigger deal. The end result was battery charges on Ish. To me that is a big blow up. Two friends disagreeing about fishing the same spot and one getting mad and going home is not that big of a deal. Throwing away a chance at 125K is a big deal for a lot of people but it was obvious Haynes had issue more important to him than money. Again not saying either was right or wrong just saying this was not a major blow out event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the drama!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    After watching the video linked above I would agree that the events that took place were pretty benign. it sounds worse when reading about it than it actually was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I don't really see it as a stunt but I do respect your opinion. The reason a person might look at what I said as being downplayed is because I see it as a disagreement between two friends who happen to be fishing at a high level event. It was not two blind strangers who had a loud verbal argument that ended in physical contact...and for the record I never did imply nor did I say that I thought either angler was right or wrong. I merely think it's not a big blow out deal. Newsworthy yes but not major newsworthy. It was a disagreement between two friends that unfortunately happened to be filmed live and 125K on the line.

To me the time Ish Monroe had a verbal confrontation with Keith Poche and Ish jumped from his boat into Poche's boat shoving Poche out of his boat onto another boat was a bigger deal. The end result was battery charges on Ish. To me that is a big blow up. Two friends disagreeing about fishing the same spot and one getting mad and going home is not that big of a deal. Throwing away a chance at 125K is a big deal for a lot of people but it was obvious Haynes had issue more important to him than money. Again not saying either was right or wrong just saying this was not a major blow out event.
    I know a guy that told me that Ish/Poche story first hand. He was right there, in a boat as an co-angler and saw it all........YIKES.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, where is that North Ledge they were on........I have my suspicions, but I'm not too sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    So, where is that North Ledge they were on........I have my suspicions, but I'm not too sure.
    Well, it isn't the ledge I thought, but one that is well known..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    It is a well known ledge just outside Sugar Bay. FLW had it posted in the video with live coverage. Here is a topographical picture of it...open this link for a picture

http://www.bbcboards.net/attachment....2&d=1526937005

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    It is a well known ledge just outside Sugar Bay. FLW had it posted in the video with live coverage. Here is a topographical picture of it...open this link for a picture

http://www.bbcboards.net/attachment....2&d=1526937005

If it isn't too much hassle could you possibly post the topo pic on this site instead of linking to it on another. I'm not a member there so I can't see it posted there. Thanks