Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland night bite

Are the shad done spawning? Never made it down this year and i might have next weekend free. I can always bass fish just wondering if the stripers are still working . Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a report of a 1:30 to 4:30 bite last week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shad were still working the banks as of friday morning before daylight, i was bass fishing though. Caught a bunch of stripers (9 or 10 keepers, a handful of shorts) last monday night after midnight. They were not blowing up but you could tell right where they were when the shad would scatter. Monday was my last casting night for the year, the fish felt warm and didnt seem very healthy after the fight, i didnt see any floaters later through the night but it just takes the fun out of it for me worrying about killing more than what i plan to eat. Water temps friday evening were 84.8 on the mainlake so add the crazy crowds this weekend and id say it will be a tough bite from here on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks , might give it a shot. If anything else might go after a few smallmouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shad were up on the banks Sat night from about 11 local to some time after 2:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday night shad flipped the bank best from about 1 am to 3 am but only heard one fish busting in them all night. We put out a light and fished that way with plans to cast if we started hearing them but nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Sunday night shad flipped the bank best from about 1 am to 3 am but only heard one fish busting in them all night. We put out a light and fished that way with plans to cast if we started hearing them but nothing.
    I thought about that as an option, did you do any good under the lights? Moon might be a little bright.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stayed pretty cloudy and foggy all night so the moon wasn't a big deal. Caught a ton of short stripers, several nice crappie (one that weighed a pound nine ounces) and a few cats. Bite was real consistent til about 3:30 then just shut off. Still had good shad just no fish in them. biggest striper was 21 inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only two stripers and 2 walleye , bite lasted an hour tops Friday night. Plan b was awesome caught a bunch a smallmouth and largemouth both nites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use at night for bass fishing? Never had much luck night fishing but it is getting to hot during the day!