Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's not about you a--hole

I know 2vets who are not HAPPY about memorial day.Both drafted, one dead and one with only part of a foot.There were many who avoided the draft, they were not rich enough to get defered.Many left the country.Clinton didn't get drafted,he used the educational system. My cousins number was so high it would have taken a world war to get him, my cousin got drafted, served in Nam, the other was a volentier, he served a tour in nam also, as a coast guard on a swift boat in the delta. Memorial day wasn't meant to be a festive occasion, nor a day for only vets. We used to have armistace day to remember our fallen,but historical days are moved around forlong week ends and shopping exploitations..To ME trump is just a draft dodger, and chicken hawk. Yeah I know bahma didn't serve,because we don't have the draft anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

never thought about that

I'm staying in a personal care home[my son and daughter are paying part of the bill]. Today the people who own the vacility had a memorial day party. another vet was visiting his mother. What they did next was thank us for our service, they are legal immigrants from Rumania, they said that what all of us vets did at one time or anothermade it posible for them to enjoy being citizens of this great country. I know many of you didn't know much the draft, but many folks my age were faced with putting our lives on hold till we finished our obligation. Saying that all our fallen men across the world would be "happy" to know how great our country is doing, they'd hav been much happier to have celebrated this day with friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I'm staying in a personal care home[my son and daughter are paying part of the bill]. Today the people who own the vacility had a memorial day party. another vet was visiting his mother. What they did next was thank us for our service, they are legal immigrants from Rumania, they said that what all of us vets did at one time or anothermade it posible for them to enjoy being citizens of this great country. I know many of you didn't know much the draft, but many folks my age were faced with putting our lives on hold till we finished our obligation. Saying that all our fallen men across the world would be "happy" to know how great our country is doing, they'd hav been much happier to have celebrated this day with friends and family.
    If they never served the way they did we wouldn't be who we are today. The country has its problems but I love living here.
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I'm not into calling people names or questioning their patriotism for not serving in the military. I did my 21 years 6 months and 13 days and am proud of my service. I am also proud of all of those that have served. The military is not for everyone. There are many other ways to serve our country. In my opinion any citizen that does things to improve my country and way of life are deserving of recognition.
    Likes dragmerc, Moveon, DJD, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    I'm not into calling people names or questioning their patriotism for not serving in the military. I did my 21 years 6 months and 13 days and am proud of my service. I am also proud of all of those that have served. The military is not for everyone. There are many other ways to serve our country. In my opinion any citizen that does things to improve my country and way of life are deserving of recognition.
    Well said. Agree, and I extend that to every American that pays taxes as everyone of them is helping to take care of other Americans thru the service the govt provides as well as providing the materials and benefits this who serve need to be successful.
    Likes dragmerc, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire most but not all veterans. The ones nowadays that join up for a year and then want a free ride the rest of their life, not so much. I'm not crazy about the ones wanting special recognition with their veteran's hats, pins, and stickers. Extra discounts for vets also doesn't sit well with me. And there are people that like to fight. I try to avoid fights. I don't even watch fights. Any kind of conflict makes me uncomfortable. I have always been anti-authoritarian. It was probably due to my much older sister that tried to boss me around. I would only take orders from the Man above, Mom, and Dad. I could not have taken orders from some low IQ block head sergeant. I have trouble taking orders from anybody dumber than I am. And I wouldn't lose my life because of a politician deciding to push his weight around in some other country, Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, etc.. What difference did any of these wars make and how many naive kids were killed? How did these conflicts serve our country? A slimy politician is the last person that's going to decide my fate. WW2 vets are the ones I admire. This war was necessary because we were attacked and I never heard these guys wanting recognition or a free ride. My dad served but he wouldn't go to the VA for medical care for most of his life. He paid his own insurance and went to a regular doctor. If i had been drafted, they would have just had to shoot me. I didn't dodge the draft, just lucky enough to draw a high number and Viet Nam was winding down. I might have been able to make it in the military as a mechanic or tech of some kind, but definitely not a fighter. I'm very fortunate and pay enough tax to support several veterans.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We weren’t attached on 9/11?

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, by saudi arabia.
    don't see us there.