Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My Swedish Fishing Experience

I wrote a quick piece on my experience of heading to Sweden fish the Hobie Fishing World's 7:

https://www.canoekayak.com/kayakfish...ing-secondary/

www.jaywallenfishing.com
    Likes jcb, riverrat12, dabassking, SLP, roadrunner and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That had to be a lot of fun. I watched the Hobie Outdoors show where you won at KY lake and was wondering when you might go to this event. It had to be pretty cool representing the USA in an world event, almost like an Olympian.

Glad you enjoyed it. I don't get to fish for pike anymore but they used to be my favorite fish to fish for.

Curious do they pay all your expenses or did it cost you as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    That had to be a lot of fun. I watched the Hobie Outdoors show where you won at KY lake and was wondering when you might go to this event. It had to be pretty cool representing the USA in an world event, almost like an Olympian.

Glad you enjoyed it. I don't get to fish for pike anymore but they used to be my favorite fish to fish for.

Curious do they pay all your expenses or did it cost you as well?
    It was an incredible experience in many different ways. Hobie did pick up the tab for basically everything. My meals and travel expenses were covered. The only thing I spent money on was some tackle at the local shop and some beers and gifts for mom and the girlfriend! I'm heading to KY lake this weekend to fish the Hobie Bass Open and hopefully earn a spot for the next World's!
    Likes SLP, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your story is a "feel good" story, thanks for sharing, i really enjoyed your perspective on the whole thing. Best of luck at KY
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a great article we need more events that help bring the world together so we can all witness their are good people in every country. I know it was an honor representing America and you did us proud (being from the hills of Kentucky----)
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice article

As I travel to hunt and fish, each trip becomes less about catching and killing and more about the experience. This becomes more true when you go out of the country. I love hearing you talk about the culture, the people, the community. It was a great write up. I tell my wife that I want to go fishing down in south america, following a remote river or go to Africa. Not because I want to catch exotic fish or kill wild game (even though that is a plus) but because I want to experience the culture. Thanks for sharing with us your experience.
    Likes roadrunner, MagikSmallie liked this post