Search Fishin.com

Thread: KY/ Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

KY/ Barkley

Going to be there for 4 days a week from tomorrow. What's the largemouth bite like on topwater back in the coves and bays early and late? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Have hit it twice early in the last week...once on Barkley and once on Kentucky. Fish were there both times....that doesn't mean they are feeding in the backs of all the creeks early and late but it is there. Of course it is over early as soon as the sun gets up.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there this weekend, fished Thursday, Friday , Sat and Sun. The topwater bite was strong very early in the morning, it was over by about 7:00am each morning. However yesterday the lake had come down noticeably and most of the flooded bushes and grass that I was catching fish on had very little water on it and not much of a topwater bite. Sounds like its hit or miss. The ledges are starting to produce, with swimbaits being the best bite for me others were having success on dropshots and carolina rigs...those bass are getting pounded tho...so much pressure out there. We had our Hobie Bass Open tournament this weekend and the fishing was the best its ever been for that tournament the winner measured his 3 best fish each day and his 6 fish went 121.75"...thats a 20.25" average or about 5.25# average. Lots of big limits were turned in, several in the 7# range and in excess of 22".
    Last edited by MagikSmallie; 06-04-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I was there this weekend, fished Thursday, Friday , Sat and Sun. The topwater bite was strong very early in the morning, it was over by about 7:00am each morning. However yesterday the lake had come down noticeably and most of the flooded bushes and grass that I was catching fish on had very little water on it and not much of a topwater bite. Sounds like its hit or miss. The ledges are starting to produce, with swimbaits being the best bite for me others were having success on dropshots and carolina rigs...those bass are getting pounded tho...so much pressure out there. We had our Hobie Bass Open tournament this weekend and the fishing was the best its ever been for that tournament the winner measured his 3 best fish each day and his 6 fish went 121.75"...thats a 20.25" average or about 5.25# average. Lots of big limits were turned in, several in the 7# range and in excess of 22".
    That is nice to hear..........

Not about the pressure, but the good fish and solid weights.........I'm taking a ledge trip in a few weeks with Dave, and am looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Geo
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there this past weekend. The fish we had were on all ledges. No surprise. We had no top water bite. Shakey head was the go to bait.

Mouths of creeks and docks only had dinks.