Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin or Rough which one is better???

I fish for whats biting.Love to crappie fish.I love the hybrids at Rough.I will bass fish too. Which lake is the better all around fishing lake? Im looking for a place on the water and im not sure.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would live on Nolin before Rough. Rough seems to get more boat traffic and just doesn’t seem as nice and peaceful as Nolin. At Nolin, you have plenty of creek arms to get into that are pleasure boat free. The water seems cleaner at Nolin too. It’s overall a much more beautiful lake.

Now fishing may be a different story. I mainly fish for bass so that’s all I can talk about, but if you want numbers, go to Nolin. If you’re looking to catch bigger fish, Rough would be better.
    Likes Jkratzwald, charley2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Personally, I would live on Nolin before Rough. Rough seems to get more boat traffic and just doesn’t seem as nice and peaceful as Nolin. At Nolin, you have plenty of creek arms to get into that are pleasure boat free. The water seems cleaner at Nolin too. It’s overall a much more beautiful lake.

Now fishing may be a different story. I mainly fish for bass so that’s all I can talk about, but if you want numbers, go to Nolin. If you’re looking to catch bigger fish, Rough would be better.
    He is exactly right on the Bass .. numbers are better @ Nolin and Rough has bigger fish ...I remember a 10+ caught at Rough a few years ago . Nolin is also rated excellent for Whites some folks say its the best lake in Ky for White Bass . Nolin still has afew wallies in it too and I hear they are making a subtle comeback . Problem is no one throws them back and sources say the Walleye do not reproduce naturally at Nolin so it relies solely on stocking. Nolin has some big crappie some over 15" . I agree Nolin is a better place to buy a camp on
    Likes charley2 liked this post