Search Fishin.com

Thread: Guntersville

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville

Heading to Guntersville Thursday night, any of you fellas been down there recently? I assume the bass are on the ledges just trying to pick brains and see whats going on down there. Thanks in advanced.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m hoping to go next week and had been wondering the same thing. I usually go in early May but it didn’t work out this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingtime14 View Post
    I’m hoping to go next week and had been wondering the same thing. I usually go in early May but it didn’t work out this year.
    Well I can reply to you when I get back and let you know it goes for me. I'm sure there is probably an early topwater bite and then the ledges of course. so We'll see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Heading to Guntersville Thursday night, any of you fellas been down there recently? I assume the bass are on the ledges just trying to pick brains and see whats going on down there. Thanks in advanced.
    I’m there right now. Staying at state park. Ledge bite has been spotty cause they’ve been rippin current the past few days. They slowed it down today and it got better but not great. Still catching a tTON of numbers mostly in the creeks on swimbaits and wobble heads. Should get good again if the current stabilizes. Good luck!
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyttle View Post
    I’m there right now. Staying at state park. Ledge bite has been spotty cause they’ve been rippin current the past few days. They slowed it down today and it got better but not great. Still catching a tTON of numbers mostly in the creeks on swimbaits and wobble heads. Should get good again if the current stabilizes. Good luck!
    Thanks man! much appreciated....any topwater bite?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyttle View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    A couple of small ones but honestly haven’t thrown it much. Drop shot roboworms, swimbaits, and wobbleheads with creature baits have been what’s working for me. Most of the consistent fish the last two days have been deeper off of points and ledges

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to enjoy the Big-G this weekend. Fishing was actually pretty good. The best bite for numbers of quality fish came off the creek channel ledges and humps in the mouths, as opposed to the main river channel, once I found out the ledge bite I didn't spend anytime at all in the grass.

The quality and numbers on those ledges just wouldn't allow me to leave it. dragging football jigs and creature baits on the shell beds in 16-25' was the ticket. With as much current they were pulling the fish were positioned perfectly on the downstream side of the humps and drops off of the shell beds. Just pull that jig or creature off the top and drag to the bottom and they would eat it.

It was so nice to be able use my graph to actually see the schools of bass sitting on the ledge and not have to worry if they were Asian carp or not, I hope those things never take over on G, I had almost forgotten what good ledge fishing was like after beating my brains in on KY Lake all the time.

I stayed and fished till noon on Sunday and got treated to a nice fat 6 pounder (Video link below) to ride home on. Thanks for all the helpful tips guys!

https://www.facebook.com/JayWallenFi...1588128568579/
    Likes roadrunner, Quailtail, publican57 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Probable trip in late September

I think I may get to go to Guntersville Lake in late September. Look forward to keeping up with this post and will add to it if I get to go when I return. I ordered lake map off of eBay and kind of know where I may stay and start fishing. Will also post that when I decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by publican57 View Post
    I think I may get to go to Guntersville Lake in late September. Look forward to keeping up with this post and will add to it if I get to go when I return. I ordered lake map off of eBay and kind of know where I may stay and start fishing. Will also post that when I decide.
    September should be the start of great frog fishing, the grass mats should be good and thick, look up the river and around the major creek mouths for mats and throw that frog!
    Likes publican57 liked this post