Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegrass--- illegal Fish

I was putting my boat in at bluegrass and saw a man putting a short bass (guessing a pound) into the bed of his truck. I reminded him that it was a 18 inch limit restriction to keep the fish and you are only allowed two. I offered to measure it for him but he declined. He walked back to his spot on the bank. I looked in the back of his truck to see other dead short fish.

I told the man that I would be contacting our local conservation officer and his tone changed. He let me put the bass that was still alive back in the lake but there were others that were already dead. I made sure to take pics and send it all to our local CO email and Fbook group.

If you see this truck out there, keep an eye on it and report him if you see him keeping short bass. It's stuff like this that ruins it for everyone else. Oh, and to top it off, he was parked in the handicap spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	17044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illegal Fish.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	17045  
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for helping to protect the resources out there

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    I was putting my boat in at bluegrass and saw a man putting a short bass (guessing a pound) into the bed of his truck. I reminded him that it was a 18 inch limit restriction to keep the fish and you are only allowed two. I offered to measure it for him but he declined. He walked back to his spot on the bank. I looked in the back of his truck to see other dead short fish.

I told the man that I would be contacting our local conservation officer and his tone changed. He let me put the bass that was still alive back in the lake but there were others that were already dead. I made sure to take pics and send it all to our local CO email and Fbook group.

If you see this truck out there, keep an eye on it and report him if you see him keeping short bass. It's stuff like this that ruins it for everyone else. Oh, and to top it off, he was parked in the handicap spot.
    I hope that the CO's write him a ticket and or give him a warning. Parking in the handicapped spot adds insult to injury.

A few days ago I went to Walmart and noticed two pickup trucks (brand new Fords) both parked in the Handicapped VAN spots. I was tempted to call the manager or the police and have them both towed away. Neither of the trucks had handicapped plants or the handicap tag hanging on the rear view mirror or anywhere else in site. And I saw the driver of one of the trucks getting out and walking into the store. He was in his mid 50's and didn't show signs of being handicapped. Just in a hurry and taking the closest spot near the store entrance. I wish that the police would enforce these handicapped parking spots and haul off those that park there and abuse the spot.

I just noticed that Gordon Woods retired as per his facebook page. I helped him bust a family that was keeping short fish at bluegrass pit one night. More people should help turn in bad people out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why some people try to ruin it for everyone . Wouldn't be much meat on a bass that size anyway. Props to you for blowing the whistle.

Post Thanks / Like

crime doesn't pay

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post

expecially when so many people have smartphones with a camera and video capacities. You risk getting caught when you break the laws these days. There are cameras and eyes every where.