Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tville lake night fishing

Is anybody having any luck night bass fishing? Never had much luck night fishing but it’s to darn hot to go during the day. If you guys/gals have some pointers that would be awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshunter82 View Post
    Nobody?
    I used to go Bass fishing at night on T-ville ... usually during a full moon (or nearly full) so I could see to navigate thru the standing timber. When you could fish the bank between the ramp & marina, I caught quite a few Bass there on cranks. Otherwise I was pitching a 4" Gene Larew craw right at the water's edge & crawling it down into the water (on banks with standing timber). Fish seemed to be almost nosed up against the bank, because if the craw landed more than a foot from the water's edge ... no hits (or you'd see a wake from the fish swimming off). If I crawled the plastic craw off the bank & into the water, the "hit" would simply be the line moving down the bank or back towards the boat ... as if the fish simply grabbed the craw & started to swim off with it. Seemed to me that the Bass were simply hanging around the shoreline waiting for a crawfish to emerge from under the rocks !!

Now, that was many, many years ago ... and the ramp/marina bank is now posted, and I haven't been Bass fishing at night on Taylorsville since. I do, occasionally catch a keeper Bass during the day ... but, I'm casting a Road Runner for Crappie when that happens.
    Likes Russman, charley2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Had some luck catfishing with koolaid chicken livers at night before at Tville. Never found much of a twilight bass bite myself, however its been 2-3 years since ive tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did manage one good keeper on a buzzbait but that was it. Still was a nice night for fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    A buddy and I fished it last evening/night. I caught one on a whopper plopper, only topwater bite of the trip. He caught about 7 dragging a craw and I broke one off doing the same. Largest was about 2.25 lbs. Fished from 6:30pm to 11:30PM.

Mark