Search Fishin.com

Thread: Minkota Fortrex

Technonorb Guest

Minkota Fortrex

Anyone have an opinion on Minkota Fortrex good or bad? looking at getting a new boat and that's what's on it. Thx Tech

Post Thanks / Like

FORTREX

I've had a Fortrex since they came out. I've had four Motorguides, which were all fine motors , but the Fortrex has been the best I've ever had. Although, everyone ,who has one says the new spotlock model is even better. It's definitely one I'd love to have

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably one of the best "traditional style" trolling motors out there. The Minn Kota ultrex came out about 1.5-2 years ago and people now claim this is the best trolling motor out there. However comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. The Fortex is your "typical" trolling motor. The Ultrex has built in GPS for tracking a path, spot lock for holding you still in one place,totally different way of steering and a totally different way for deployment. With this it makes the price of the Ultrex considerably higher than a fortrex.

Myself I prefer the Motor Guide Tour model but do not like the X series. If I were buying a boat and it had a fortex that would not sway me against it. In fact it would be a plus. I would like to have an Ultrex and have thought about getting one. I am just going to have to wait until I get the itch bad enough to drop 2K+ on a trolling motor before I buy one.
    Likes gofishdave liked this post