Search Fishin.com

Thread: HUH?

Post Thanks / Like

HUH?

How much financial aid does agri business need? When the rural vote let whole scale dumping of imported steel ruin the american steel industry, and the ensuing lay offs and plant closings, they said"why don't they start a different career, and touted retraing", it didn't work. So if farmers are losing money on soy beans and dairy products, why don't they switch products, or grow and produce less? Are we still paying over seas farmers NOT to grow cotton?
    Likes dragmerc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    always heard their excuse was we didn't want to lose our food source.
    50 years ago most people in my area were farmers.
    they seemed to make a decent living and all were the happiest people i knew but very few farms here now.
    i guess being my own boss and paying no income tax would make me happy.
    what makes me mad is all the commentators never mention all the manufacturing jobs lost over the last 30 years.
    i lost mine to mexico 15 years ago but they don't mention those.
    what Trump is doing should have been done 30 years ago.
    he's the only one with enough balls to take on the deep state and new world order.
    i pity my children when he and his kind are gone.

Post Thanks / Like

conservative bull --t

the rural farm vote has cretated more woes than benefits.I have relatives who recieved checksfor not planting cotton and tobbacco.Ever wonder where the american textile industry died? Government backed cotton exports to asia and central america, low price cotton was available to those low wage areas, so the clothing concerns moved the factorys there, and many people lost jobs, sure a lot of them didn't pay great wages, bu it was work. that wasn't enough for agri business. Hire illegal workers, pay them cash, and leave the burdens of education and medical care to the tax payers. I know some small farmers went broke, their farms were bought out by the well healed folks, and with more land they needed more cheap help. I talkd to people who liked to work tobbacco, they didn't grow it, they just did the work as a mens for extra income.No it's ALL latinos.And part of that sometimes non taxable was being sent back to where they came from. When we wintered in the gulf, you could see those giant rigs that came close to being worth over a hundred Ks..Also government funded crop insurance, if my place of employment was flooded or storm damaged, sure I had the chance for un employment insurance. Guess who screamed the loudest about folks sitting on their asses and getting paid, wonder if any of those folks ever loooked into a mirror when they complained about welfare.