Search Fishin.com

Thread: 1984 Big bother

Post Thanks / Like

Smile 1984 Big bother

Gee this makes it easier. The 'donald" says he tells all the news you need to know. No more channel surfing, no more wondering if you heard right. If he says it, take it to the bank, but if you have doubts at all, go to Fox

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Gee this makes it easier. The 'donald" says he tells all the news you need to know. No more channel surfing, no more wondering if you heard right. If he says it, take it to the bank, but if you have doubts at all, go to Fox
    The quote isn't even close, or remotely close.........You obviously looked at a mime and made a judgement call, without even evaluating the mime.

Did you read 1984 or Animal Farm? Just wondering.......

Note:

I just did a quick google search, and right wingers found just as many quotes from Obama that were very, very similar to language in 1984......

Pay attention, you like everyone else, are being PLAYED.
    Likes LJP, DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yes I did

I read 1984 and also watched the movie. does this make me more equal than others? I did a lot of reading, and still do, since I'm starting out living alone again, I hve a limited cable plan, No talking heads, not even ESPN. Are you saying that what I thought trump was saying about all the news is false.The one thing that makes me scratch my head, is folks are more worried about owning guns, than they are about the freedom of the press..It's almost like were just not questioning any thing any more.I use kadaza as my news source now.Plus a couple of on line news papers.

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected partly

No e didn't say he would be the believablr source onews.But he again attacked the press, I went throgh at least 5 reviews of the VFW covention, and the quote I thought he made isn't there.So I'm wrong, but if you and yoir conservative friends think that Trump never dedeates from a statement he makes, and all the news is fake, think about this. Arrest some of the reporters put them in a cell with some new friends. Isn't that a threat to all journalists.That ploy works in other places, but if you think thats valid, throw away your copies of the first ammendment.Or tack it to a tree and enjoy the bebefits of the second ammendant.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would trust Trump before any news media.
    sure, he may spin a little and he's not my favorite person as an individual but...
    he's doing what's good for the country so i don't really care what else he says or does.
    if you'll quit watching cnn, jimmy fallon, and hollywood, you're opinion won't be so warped.
    his policies are helping Americans a lot more than any of the deep state, new world order presidents we've had for the last 20 years.
    so, get over it.
    Likes LJP, Tom523, DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI, Trinity High School theatre department has a production of "1984" running right now. I saw it last night and it was very well done. Its dark, thought provoking, not really for kids under 13.