Heads up to all as we had a 2-day tournament this weekend. There were over 40 boats spraying the grass on the Big G, and the grass was going down stream in large clumps. I fished from Hollywood, Alabama south to Waterfront and it was the same all over. BIG clumps of grass, dead fish, and a big oil type slick on the water. The grass line was 1/2 the size on Sunday that it was on Saturday and there were twice as many dead fish. Many were floating on their sides taking their last breathes. I saw two bald eagles feeding on them, so I pray they don't get sick too. I saw one pontoon boat get stuck on the sandbar because he had no grass to let him know how shallow the water was. Since, TVA has condoned the spraying and Scottsboro has put up $500,000.00 to make it happen, I will be looking for fresh water to fish as I am sure it will take quite awhile for the Big G to recover. History repeats itself, and this same type of activity has happened numerous times before and always with the same results. Loss of habitat for the bait fish, starvation of predatory fish after large quantities of bait fish have no place to hide and no food source to sustain them.

Sorry, just had to vent a little, as I truly like to fish great lakes.

Finally, my last comment. This water that they just dumped poison into is part of the Tennessee Valley Water Authority, that's right! YOUR DRINKING WATER!! Oh, by the way they said Roundup won't hurt you, and 20 years later and now all the cancer warnings that have followed, we should listen to the same people who said back then there was no reason to fear. Do we look stupid?

One last thing, when the Spro Frog Tournament comes to town, and the Oakley Big Bass Tournament roll into town I hope you guys the best in your endeavours. Tightlines and say a prayer for the Big G.