Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Help on Cumberland

Been bass fishing ( small as and largemouth) past month and havent done to good. Stayed mainly on the main lake fishing up around bernside. Havent had a bit of luck. Been throwing jigs and worms. Any advice would be great and well appreciated. Just started fishing this lake and it has kicked my butt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonthelake84 View Post
    Been bass fishing ( small as and largemouth) past month and havent done to good. Stayed mainly on the main lake fishing up around bernside. Havent had a bit of luck. Been throwing jigs and worms. Any advice would be great and well appreciated. Just started fishing this lake and it has kicked my butt.
    try night fishing, until the water temps cool down, I always fish Cumberland at night during the summer, and worms and jigs are mostly what I use, but I always have a black spinner bait with a pork chunk trailer and a single Colorado blade, that is hard to beat about 2:am fishing it almost like you would a jig, hope this helps, best tip I know to give you is fish at night, while the navy and jet skis are resting,

Post Thanks / Like
    On that end of the lake you are gonna do better for LM and Spots back in the creeks. This time of year I would hit it at night. If you are gonna stay on that end try heading up North fork and hitting some points up through there or try Pitman. Several banks up through there that are good. One of my favorite spots is the little slu across from the boat club up in pitman and the bluff wall on the left all the way in the head by the sand bar If I was gonna daytime fish for bass I would take a vacation until about the second week of September when the boaters and recreaters slow down.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m renting a house boat from burnside next weekend and taking my boat as well. Staying with 4 other couples and no kids. Not necessarily a fishing trip as it is a “fun” trip, but hope to catch a few. My buddies don’t fish so I’m going to try for greenies and spots. Thanks for a few of your suggestions bc we definitely will be daytime fishing. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Clarification.. my buddies don’t fish, but they want to this weekend with me.. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Bigwormy

Take a submersible light and a lantern. Put the houseboat front deck in on the bank with the back end over deep water.....bluff wall or point. Drop the light just before dark and after an hour or two fire up the lantern and sit on the back deck with your buddies a couple of cold ones and drop some Minnie’s to the bottom then reel em up slow. A good time....not a lot of skill....but a lot of fun. Good luck.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    On that end of the lake you are gonna do better for LM and Spots back in the creeks. This time of year I would hit it at night. If you are gonna stay on that end try heading up North fork and hitting some points up through there or try Pitman. Several banks up through there that are good. One of my favorite spots is the little slu across from the boat club up in pitman and the bluff wall on the left all the way in the head by the sand bar If I was gonna daytime fish for bass I would take a vacation until about the second week of September when the boaters and recreaters slow down.
    Thanks for the help. The boat club you talking about in pitman is that the first set if docks as soon. As you go I on the right?

Post Thanks / Like
    No sir that is one of the resort type vacation spots. The boat club is all the way up creek. You hit a no wake zone and a long stretch of houseboats. That's the boat club.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boated 8 striper today, 4 throwbacks and 4 keepers, caught 3 smaller fish on swim bait and the larger fish came on live shad, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96F58866-A541-4A4E-83C8-7324CE6D4F7B.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	17334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C52188A9-4F6E-4189-88AA-9AF38279C8A9.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	17335
    Likes PRO V LE, kstonich, Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

swim baits

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Boated 8 striper today, 4 throwbacks and 4 keepers, caught 3 smaller fish on swim bait and the larger fish came on live shad, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96F58866-A541-4A4E-83C8-7324CE6D4F7B.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	17334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C52188A9-4F6E-4189-88AA-9AF38279C8A9.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	17335
    Were you trolling the swim baits? Or tossing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    Were you trolling the swim baits? Or tossing them.
    casting the swim bait to the bank, in the tree tops and just dragging the shad as we trolled alone the bank, just moving very slow, mostly drifting alone, with the shad down 10, 15 and around 18 ft deep, just a lazy way to fish, but it works, look for fish on your electronics, mark fish in several places and give it a go, if nothing bites, move to another place where you marked fish, and you will find a school that is feeding. Hope this helps ...
    Likes fishincreek, kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report and follow up!
    Headed down next weekend, mind if I ask what size swimbaits. 6” ?
    Bass fisherman here and going for an early top water bite but wouldn’t mind a couple of those.
    Thanks in advance.