Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I did it

Post Thanks / Like

Well I did it

Ok not land my triple digit but this will help. Just ordered the 19ft with a 150 hp. Anyone have one or know any pro's or con's I'd love to hear. Tired of fighting with an old motor. Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Targa-V-18-WT_img169269_700.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	17312  

Post Thanks / Like
    Never fished out of one of the deeper V like that model like that one pictured but I have an 2001 18 foot tournament tracker with a 115. One of the real wide ones. I love the boat. The only gripe I have had with it is being aluminum and sitting up high in the water, makes it more difficult in wind than other heavy fiberglass boats I have had.
    Likes riverrat12, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    you will love it!! my nephew has the same boat and it is a great boat.
    congrats man that is awesome
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend that had a tracker deep v I think 17ft with a 60 on it he fished Canada for musky and lakes here in Illinois he loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Chuck, there nothing like slimming up a new deck. Did you get a keel Guard with it,may be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guy's that's what I was hoping to hear. I have to admit it is a little intimidating when I looked at it. I usually load and unload by myself so it worries me alittle. Guess I'll figure it out. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Never fished out of one of the deeper V like that model like that one pictured but I have an 2001 18 foot tournament tracker with a 115. One of the real wide ones. I love the boat. The only gripe I have had with it is being aluminum and sitting up high in the water, makes it more difficult in wind than other heavy fiberglass boats I have had.
    Yes I thought about the distance from the water off the side. I have a dip net long enough but trying to get a big critter over the side could be a challenge for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Way to go Chuck, there nothing like slimming up a new deck. Did you get a keel Guard with it,may be worth it.
    Funny you say that. When I asked about one the salesmen didn't really know...he wondered if the guard would adhere to the aluminum. I will definitely be looking into one. Gotta have one where I fish for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I helped a friend put a keel guard on an aluminium Xpress bass boat several years ago. It had a sharp keel just like a traditional fiberglass bass boat. Even though the model your talking about is not a bass style hull it still has a keel just like one, so I think a keel guard will work on the boat your buying.

The self install models are not that hard to put on but it is best if you have a second person because extra hands come in handy. The hardest part is prep work and getting everything lined up. Once you get it where you want it, it's as simple as removing the sticker and pushing it into place. It took us about 1.5 hours and we had never done one before.

TIP...if you do the install yourself, lay the keel guard out in the sun an unroll it. Let the sun get the rubber warm so it's pliable and loses it "memory" from where it came rolled up in a box. It's also best if the air temperature is warm. This makes it easier to work with. It's basically stiff rubber so warm is easier to work with. If my memory is correct what I mentioned is a tip that was in the install directions.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats

I also have a deep V Lund , you might think about trailer steps. I built some myself if you fish by yourself they are a great addition. Here is sample company there are many styles out there.
    https://www.easystepsystem.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Thanks guy's that's what I was hoping to hear. I have to admit it is a little intimidating when I looked at it. I usually load and unload by myself so it worries me alittle. Guess I'll figure it out. Can't wait.
    I have a 2001 17ft tracker pro deep v and I love it. They load very easy just about like any aluminum bass boat. It does ride a little rougher than a bass boat but it’s worth it with the others benifits in big water. You will be happy!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Funny you say that. When I asked about one the salesmen didn't really know...he wondered if the guard would adhere to the aluminum. I will definitely be looking into one. Gotta have one where I fish for sure.
    Yes I know were you fish It would be good to have one,even a pro at the shoot will hit a rock now and then. I have seen them on aluminum boat before so they must stick too aluminum also.