Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I helped a friend put a keel guard on an aluminium Xpress bass boat several years ago. It had a sharp keel just like a traditional fiberglass bass boat. Even though the model your talking about is not a bass style hull it still has a keel just like one, so I think a keel guard will work on the boat your buying.

The self install models are not that hard to put on but it is best if you have a second person because extra hands come in handy. The hardest part is prep work and getting everything lined up. Once you get it where you want it, it's as simple as removing the sticker and pushing it into place. It took us about 1.5 hours and we had never done one before.

TIP...if you do the install yourself, lay the keel guard out in the sun an unroll it. Let the sun get the rubber warm so it's pliable and loses it "memory" from where it came rolled up in a box. It's also best if the air temperature is warm. This makes it easier to work with. It's basically stiff rubber so warm is easier to work with. If my memory is correct what I mentioned is a tip that was in the install directions.
    Thank you, I found some called Gator guards and if I can't talk the shop into putting them on I'll be doing it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    I also have a deep V Lund , you might think about trailer steps. I built some myself if you fish by yourself they are a great addition. Here is sample company there are many styles out there.
    https://www.easystepsystem.com/
    Yes sir, Mine comes with steps built in on the trailer. I couldn't imagine trying to climb over the bow, getting to dang old lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Targa-V-18-WT_img170431_700.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	17321  
    Likes kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Yes I know were you fish It would be good to have one,even a pro at the shoot will hit a rock now and then. I have seen them on aluminum boat before so they must stick too aluminum also.
    Yes sir, I swear those rocks move LOL. It is a must.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the new boat have a kitchen chair as the helm seat?
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Does the new boat have a kitchen chair as the helm seat?
    LOL yes I'm having it factory installed. So it's a professional grade kitchen chair. Ok prolly not but I will miss my chair Tyme. LOL.
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If your loading and unloading by yourself, put a long rope on the front and back up and let it come off, (rope tied to trailer where you can untie) then pull it back in and tie it up while you park

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the purchase, I have a similar boat, (17.5) just wish it was a little bigger and a bigger outboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by linedrager View Post
    If your loading and unloading by yourself, put a long rope on the front and back up and let it come off, (rope tied to trailer where you can untie) then pull it back in and tie it up while you park
    Will definitely try the rope. Thank you, see ya at the river. Chuck
    Likes GeoFisher, kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Will definitely try the rope. Thank you, see ya at the river. Chuck
    I've done the rope thing a whole lot.......make sure it is a strong rope, and make sure you use parking brake.

I have a story.......IT might even be on this site somewhere .

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the boat. I’m considering something like that but want more weather protection. Will yours have some that blocks the wind under the center section of the windshield when closed? For a boat like that, what would a canvas top with side and rear drop curtain cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobe Mejuwa View Post
    Congrats on the boat. I’m considering something like that but want more weather protection. Will yours have some that blocks the wind under the center section of the windshield when closed? For a boat like that, what would a canvas top with side and rear drop curtain cost?
    Not that I know of. I've got a lot to figure out for sure. Pickin her up this weekend and will start brain storming when I'm sittin on her in the garage LOL. Right now my only weather protection will be my Frog Togs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Not that I know of. I've got a lot to figure out for sure. Pickin her up this weekend and will start brain storming when I'm sittin on her in the garage LOL. Right now my only weather protection will be my Frog Togs
    Is she home yet . )